MSX1 cloned in FPGA
This project is an MSX1 cloned in FPGA, with some parts of the OCM project.
- Multiple boards;
- MSX1 50Hz or 60Hz;
- RAM Mapper size configurable, depends on the board;
- 128K Nextor (MSX-DOS2 evolution) ROM with SD driver;
- Megaram SCC/SCC+ from OCM project (size configurable, depends on the board);
- Keyboard map reconfigurable;
- Simple switched I/O ports (no software yet);
- 15/31KHz configurable.
- Scanlines configurable.
- HDMI output on some boards.
In the project there is a loader (IPL) to boot and load ROMs and configuration from SD card.
The "CONFIG.TXT" configuration file is self-explanatory.
Format an SD Card in FAT16 (max 4GB), put the NEXTOR.SYS and COMMAND2.COM files, create a directory called 'MSX1FGPA', put the CONFIG.TXT and KEYMAPs in this directory. Put ROMs and Utilities in the SD Card for MSX use. PS: Due to a Nextor bug, FAT16 partitions with ID 0x0E are not recognized, only with ID 0x06.
Some keys and their functions:
- Print Screen: Toggle VGA mode;
- Scroll Lock: Toggle Scanlines mode;
- F11: Toggle Turbo mode;
- CTRL+ALT+DEL = Soft Reset;
- CTRL+ALT+F12 = Hard Reset;
- CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE = For ZX-Uno based boards only: reload FPGA;
- Page Down = MSX CODE key;
- Page Up = MSX SELECT key;
- ALT = MSX GRAPH key;
- END = MSX STOP key.
Uses the ROMLOAD utility for ROM loading and executing (simple, megaroms or SCC).