Kurogo Mobile Web
Kurogo is a PHP framework for delivering high quality, data driven customizable content to a wide range of mobile devices. Its strengths lie in the customizable system that allows you to adapt content from a variety of sources and easily present that to mobile devices from feature phones, to early generation smart phones, to modern devices and tablets. It currently includes modules for:
- People directory
- News/RSS feeds
- Event Calendar
We strongly recommend developers read the (in progress) framework guide:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
NOTICE: Pre-release version
This project is still in a beta stage with a final release in March 2011. Please be aware that certain conventions, API and file locations may change. We will strive to provide detailed release notes when critical core behavior has been altered.
The following is planned before the official 1.0 release:
- A generalized, configurable Map module
- Updated UI and templates for the "Touch" branch which includes certain BlackBerry devices
- A UI and templates for tablet form factor devices
- A module for retrieving Emergency information
- An abstract module to ease displaying a variety of free form text content from other sources
- API Support for the soon to be released open source iOS native application
This project is based off the original MIT Mobile Framework and was adapted for use at Harvard University. If you have followed the progress of the Harvard project you will notice some improvements and differences:
- An overhauled configuration system with web-based administration interface
- A robust authentication system with support for many types of authentication authorities
- Authorization support to restrict access to content by user or group
- Many other small improvements to ease in customization
There are some parts of the project that are not present:
- Modules that have not been generalized are not included. Please refer to the Harvard Mobile Web Repository for modules that you do not find here. Some modules will eventually be generalized and folded into this project.
- Native API support. The API for native apps will be changing.