Tox Github Action
This GitHub action tests a checked-out Python project using Tox.
- uses: fedora-python/tox-github-action with: # The tox environment to run # Default: py311 (subject to change as new Python releases come out) tox_env: py311
Add the action to your workflow file, e.g.
after checking out your code.
You can use the
matrix strategy to run with multiple Tox environments.
For an example, see this project's workflow.
Unfortunately, you need to repeat all the environment names
from your Tox configuration.
(As far as we know, this is required in order to have individual environments
show up as separate runs on GitHub. Discuss this limitation in issue 8.)
You can also install RPM packages from Fedora by setting
a space-separated list of provides, such as:
- Fedora package names, e.g.
- pkgconfig names, e.g.
- commands, e.g.
- uses: fedora-python/tox-github-action with: tox_env: py38 dnf_install: pkgconfig(libffi) libgit2-devel
The string will be literally used in
dnf install ..., so you can also use
groups or DNF options.
If your application isn't in the root of your project, set
workdir. The action
will switch to the specified path before tox execution.
- uses: fedora-python/tox-github-action with: tox_env: py38 workdir: "python/"
Until version 0.4, this action always used the latest fedora-python-tox image. Since version 34.0, the first number in the version (also sometimes referred to as the "major version") represents the release of Fedora used in the image.
- Uses Fedora 37 as the base container image.
- PyPy 3.7 is no longer available.
- Uses Fedora 36 as the base container image.
- Allows to run tests from a subdirectory via
- Uses Fedora 35 as the base container image.
- No longer supports Python 3.5 and PyPy 3.6.
- Newly supports PyPy 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9.
- First version pinned explicitly to Fedora 34.
The code, content and configuration in this repository is given away unter the CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
May it serve you well!