Refresher is a service meant to be run in combination with Feedbin.
Refresher consists of a single Sidekiq job that
- Fetches and parses RSS feeds
- Checks for the existence of duplicates against a redis database
- Add new feed entries to redis to be imported back into Feedbin
- Ruby 2.5
- Redis shared with main Feedbin instance
- You may need to install the development headers for libidn (
brew install redis
Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/feedbin/refresher.git && cd refresher
Refresher needs access to the same Redis instance as the main Feedbin instance (
REDIS_URL environment variable). If using Feedbin to subscribe to twitter feeds, the
TWITTER_SECRET environment variables also need to be available.
bundle exec foreman start