Glamorous Toolkit (GT)
Glamorous Toolkit is the moldable development environment. It is a live notebook. It is a flexible search interface. It is a fancy code editor. It is a software analysis platform. It is a data visualization engine. All in one. And it is free and open-source under an MIT license.
Learn more about it at: https://gtoolkit.com.
The current repository embodies the second generation of GT and it is comprised of a set of distinct components:
- Inspector: the moldable inspector.
- Playground: the moldable playground.
- Documenter: the engine for manipulating live documents.
- Presenter: the engine for live slide-based storytelling.
- Debugger: the moldable debugger for Pharo.
- Coder: the moldable coder for Pharo.
- Transcript: a rethinking of the classic Transcript taking advantage of the moldable text editor from Bloc.
- Visualizer: a set of visualization engines on top of Bloc.
- Examples: the engine for example-driven development.
- Completer: the moldable completion engine.
- Phlow: the browsing engine.
- Releaser: the engine that allows us to manage and release deeply nested projects.
- GlamorousToolkit4Smacc: the environment for creating, debugging and testing SmaCC-based parsers.
- GlamorousToolkit4PetitParser2: the environment for creating, debugging and testing PetitParser2-based parsers.
- GlamorousToolkit4Famix3: the environment and dedicated algorithms for source code analysis.
- GlamorousToolkit4XMLSupport: the extensions for manipulating and browsing XML.
- GlamorousToolkit4Jenkins: the extensions for browsing Jenkins.
Glamorous Toolkit is based on graphical stack made of:
How to install
Please install it via the instructions available at https://gtoolkit.com/install.
Get the code
It is also possible to download the code.
How to get the latest vm and the latest code in one step
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/feenkcom/gtoolkit/master/scripts/localbuild/mac.sh | bash
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/feenkcom/gtoolkit/master/scripts/localbuild/linux.sh | bash
Using Powershell cd into
scripts/localbuild and execute
How to load explicitly
You can load the whole code in Pharo 8.0 using the following snippet:
Metacello new baseline: 'GToolkit'; repository: 'github://feenkcom/gtoolkit/src'; load. #GtImageSetup asClass performLocalSetup. #GtWorld asClass open.
How to load the latest development release
You can load the code we're working on in Pharo 8.0 using the following snippet:
EpMonitor current disable. Metacello new baseline: 'GToolkit'; repository: 'github://feenkcom/gtoolkit:release/src'; load. #GtImageSetup asClass performLocalSetup. #GtWorld asClass open.