Skip to content
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
- Added experimental foreverd implementation for working with init.d, systemv, etc
Monitor.killTree for killing process trees for processes spawned by forever (default: true)
- Added commands for working with forever log files
- Added forever.tail()
- Update daemon to 0.3.2
- Expose Monitor.spawnWith in Monitor.data
--plain option disabling CLI colors
- Add --watch/-w command line option
- Add implementation to restart processes when a file changes
- Replace sys module usages with util
- Update winston dependency to 0.4.x
- Add options.hideEnv to hide default env values
forever.Monitor.prototype.restart() to allow force restarting of processes in less than
- Update forever.startServer() to support more liberal arguments.
sockPath if it does not exist already.
- When stopping only respond with those processes which have been stopped.
- Display warning / error messages to the user when contacting UNIX sockets.
- Fixed a bug where numbers in the file path caused forever to think
- Process variables are not always available, for example if you execute
- Dont allow
- in uuids generated by forever.
- When executing stopall, dont kill the current process.
- Added forever.debug for debugging purposes
- Keep processes silent on
forever restart if requested. A couple of minor log formatting updates
forever list to use cliff
- Added generic hooks for forever.Monitor
- Use default values for log file and pid file (prevents a process from being nuked by being daemonized)
minUptime to 0
options.uid by default in
.startDaemon() if it is already not provided
- Include uids in
uncaughtException slightly more intelligently
- Forever no longer uses *.fvr files in-favor of a TCP server in each forever process started by the CLI. Programmatic usage will require an additional call to
forever.createServer() explicitally in order for your application to be available in
forever list or
portfinder dependency to package.json
forever.columns and update
forever.format to generate results dynamically
- Update winston dependency to 0.3.x
- Remove .fvr file when a forever.Monitor child exits
- Add --spinSleepTime to throttle instead of killing spinning scripts
preferGlobal option to package.json
- Improve forever when working with
- Print help when a valid action isn't given
- Batch the cleaning of *.fvr and *.pid files to avoid file descriptor overload
- Check if processes exist before returning in
- Added forever.logFilePath utility.
- Added forever.pidFilePath implementation
- Added append log implementation to CLI
- Fix for spawning multiple processes from a single forever process
- Added forever.config using nconf
- Better bookkeeping of *.fvr and *.pid files
- Remove unnecessary eyes dependency
- Update sourceDir option to check for file paths relative to root
- Enable forever to track uptime
restart command to forever.Monitor and CLI
- Ensure forever.load() is called on require()
- Better handling for for
-p CLI option
- Enable options to be passed to child_process.spawn
- Allow forever to start any script (not just node) from nodejs code
- Array shortcut to set command and options
- Check for scripts with fs.stat before running them
- Improved how *.fvr and *.pid files are managed by Forever CLI
- Ability to delete all historical logs from CLI via 'cleanlogs'
- Ability to stop script by name -- stops ALL scripts with that name.
- Display logfile in 'forever list'.
- Use process.kill() instead of exec('kill').
- Emit 'save' event when persisting to disk.
- Emit 'start' event when starting a forever child
- Remove 'auto-save' feature from Forever.start()
- Push options hierarchy up one level. e.g. Forever.options.silent is now Forever.silent
- Only 'error' event now emits with an error. All other events simply emit data