Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
NinjaScan-Slim is an extream-small (0.6 x 1.6 inch, approximately 15 x 41 mm) motion logger, which is smaller than NinjaScan-Light. It consists of
- Silicon Laboratories C8051F381 MCU providing USB connectability,
- u-blox MAX-7 series GPS receiver with an internal antenna,
- 6 DOF inertial sensor, Invensense MPU-6000,
- 3-axis magnetic sensor, Freescale MAG3110,
- Pressure and temperature sensor, Measurement specialties MS5611,
- Power management including Li-Ion battery charger, Linear Technology LTC4080, and
- MicroSD supporting SDHC/FAT32.
The major differences between NinjaScan-Slim and NinjaScan-Light are
- their size; NinjaScan-Slim is smaller.
- GPS antenna; NinjaScan-Slim is integrated with an internal antenna as well as supporting an external antenna (optional), while NinjaScan-Light must be used with an external antenna.
- connectability; NinjaScan-Light can provide data for telemetry, however, NinjaScan-Slim cannot. The other functions are the same. Both firmware are identical.
- IC1 must be soldered before IC4, because IC1 has its bottom pad, which will be connected to the board with a via hidden by IC4.
|C1, C3, C4, C5, C12||4.7u / 16V||1608||5|
|C2||10p / 16V||1005||1|
|C6, C9, C10, C11, C13, C14, C15, C16, C18, C20, C21||0.1u / 16V||1005||11|
|C7||2200p / 16V||1005||1|
|R1, R2, R13||1K||1005||3|
|R4 (Note A, see below), R9, R10||2K||1005||3|
|U4 (Note B, see below)||MS5611-01BA03||LGA8||1|
- Note A: LTC4080, the power management IC, has a function of over-charging protection. Its maximum time of continuous charging operation is approximately 4.5 hr. Thus, R4, which regulates charging current, value will be configured based on capacity of battery to be used and LTC4080 datasheet description.
- Note B: If possible, MS5611-01BA01, a previous version of MS5611-01BA03 and currently deprecated for new design, is recommended, because MS5611-01BA01 is easier to solder.