__ __ ______ ______ __ ___ __ ______ | | | | / __ \ / __ \ | |/ / | | / __ \ | |__| | | | | | | | | | | ' / | | | | | | | __ | | | | | | | | | | < | | | | | | | | | | | `--' | | `--' | | . \ __ | | | `--' | |__| |__| \______/ \______/ |__|\__\ (__) |__| \______/ the node.js hook i/o platform
Current Status :
Rebuilt entire project for the third time in two years.
- All hooks are now separated into node.js processes
- Interprocess Communication is facilitated through dnode
- Spawning and Daemonizing of processes is handled with Forever
- Message publishing has a one-one API with EventEmitter class
- Message Publishing and Subscribing done through node's native EventEmitter API
- EventEmitter API is extended with namespaces using EventEmitter2
- Hooks can now have many upstreams and many downstreams
- Super simple API for insane functionality
Try out a contrived demo
We will create a "battle" ( an i/o hook with a downstream ) that can have several actors ( i/o hooks with upstreams ). These actors will then work together in the battle with hilarious results. This demo begins to showcase the power of i/o hook. More involved demos will be coming shortly.
git clone git://github.com/Marak/hook.io.git cd hook.io [sudo] npm install
Start up the battle
Starts up a hook process with a downstream server. Now the battle has started and is waiting for some actors.
Connect actors to the battle
node hook/scout node hook/gunner node hook/ammo_guy
Starts up three hook processes with upstream connections to the battle. Each actor is responible for a specific task in the battle.
Introduce an enemy to the battle!
Starts up an enemy hook process which causes a chain reaction of events from other actors causing the enemy to be shot to death.
Create a sound effects hook
Starts up a sound effects hook which listens for messages from all the actors and plays funny sounds effects!
Contributors ( through code and advice )
AvianFlu, Chapel, Substack, Dominic Tarr, Charlie Robbins, h1jinx