ORYXSIM TORONTO PEARSON
Scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004/X/Prepar3D
Main Author: Florian Fermin
What is this?
This repository contains source files from OryxSim Toronto Pearson, which was originally a payware scenery project for Microsoft Flight Simulator but due to personal reasons this sadly never made it to release. Despite numerous attempts by myself over the last years to bring the project to completion, its complexity and overwhelming nature have unfortunately led to me being unable to complete it. I'm publishing these files as I still wish that this project will be realized.
What can I do with these files?
You can use the files to develop the scenery further. Or use them as examples to develop your own project.
I don't understand what to do with some of these files.
I'll be making a comprehensive wiki to try and explain as much as I can. In addition, Readme files will point you to tools needed to open all files. Please see contact details below in case you need further guidance. I realize that this repository is very technical in nature, so I'm happy to help out. At the same time, in case it concerns basic questions, you may get a faster response from the fantastic FS developmer community at https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/ . They have an excellent wiki available as well at: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page .
Below is a list of software along with links that I recommend you install to open all the files.
- FSX SDK (From FSX Deluxe/Gold Retail DVD) OR Prepar3D SDK tools: https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/
- Note for Gmax files you need the FSX SDK found on the original FSX Deluxe DVD. I'll see if I can make them available in a more generic format. No promises!
- All other tools (MakeMDL, Resample) are included in both SDK's. Please be aware that their maybe some backwards compatibility issues particularly when trying to develop for FS2004/FSX.
- Airport Design Editor (ADE): http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799
- Note that ADE may be slow when editing the files. CYYZ is after all a massive airport.
- To line up with the Gmax lines Airport Studio was used, available for purchase from Flight1 at http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=apstv1
- GMax, available at https://www.turbosquid.com/gmax . Registration required.
- ModelConverterX to convert models: https://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/
- Library Creator XML to build libraries of objects: https://www.scenerydesign.org/library-creator-xml/
- SBuilderX to edit SBP resample groundfile: https://www.ptsim.com/index.php/sbuilderx1
- SCASM for runway lighting: http://www.scasm.de/txt/download.htm
- Code in this repository is available under MIT license: https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
- Gmax scenes are available under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/
- Textures are available as an external download due to Github filesize restrictions. These too are available under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/
I would like to use part of this project
That's fine by me, as long as it's a non-commercial endeavour. I'm generally fine with commercial use as well but decided to not license it in this manner to avoid the situation that someone publishes a commercial Toronto scenery out of this. My goal here is that if this project were to be completed it will be available as freeware.
Should you wish to use parts (think taxilights and PAPI's or whatever components you might find useful) in another scenery I'm more than happy to license those parts of charge. However please get in touch to obtain explicit written permission so I know what's happening. For contact details see below.
What's in this repository
Status 18 May 2019:
- Most gmax scenes available.
Current state of the project
As of right now the following things exist. Unfortunately a substantial amount of files from later development has been lost and I continue to look for them.
- Resample Ground Polygon (recreated in Winter 2018/19), with blend mask and seasonal variations (does not include night!)
- Gmax ground polygon for FS2004
- Taxiway lines for Gmax ground polygon
- Various other markings including runways, files with the layers for use in ModelConverterX are included.
- Taxiway lights and their placement for Gmax ground polygon
- Taxiway signs from the 2014/2015 era. Does not include the new taxiway Foxtrot.
- ADE File that largely lines up with the Gmax lines.
- SCASM runways, source code provided
- All buildings that existed in 2014/2015, only exception is the GateGourmet building infield. Some newer buildings (in the general aviation area in particular) may be missing.
- Note that some buildings were developed externally and not by me. In those cases, the Gmax scenes are missing but you'll find some other format present instead (3DS).
- All terminals (1, 3, 3 satellite and infield)
- Link train all the way to Viscount station
- Petro Canada area.
For any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org .