Welcome to the Diaspora project, the privacy aware, personally controlled, do-it-all, open source social network. Diaspora Project
Diaspora is currently going through a huge refactoring push, the code is changing fast! If you want to do something big, reach out on IRC or the mailing list first, so you can contribute effectively <3333
THIS IS ALPHA SOFTWARE AND SHOULD BE TREATED ACCORDINGLY. IT IS FUN TO GET RUNNING, BUT EXPECT THINGS TO BE BROKEN.
Are you a user?
Are you a developer?
Read on for how to get started.
We need you to fill out a contributor agreement form before we can accept your patches. This dual license agreement allows us to release limited pieces of Diaspora under the MIT license. You can find it here.
We have guides for pod admins (called podmins) here.
Contributing to Diaspora
Here are a few good places to start:
- Take a look at the issue tracker and pick a bug. Write a spec for it, so it's easy for another developer to fix it.
Please make your changes in a branch to ensure that new commits to your master are not included in the pull request, and to make it easier for us to merge your commits.
Please do not rebase our tree into yours. See here for when to rebase.
- Diaspora Developer Google Group
- Diaspora Discussion Google Group
- #diaspora IRC channel (join via the web client)
- #diaspora-dev IRC channel (join via the web client)