A category with convenient methods for CLLocation, based on http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html
- Convenient CLLocation initializers:
- initialize with latitude and longitude in radians
- initialize with a pretty string format (e.g. latitude = @"34° 36' 12\" N" longitude = @"35° 12' 24\" W")
- Obtain coordinates in a pretty format
- Distance between coordinates using:
- Haversine formula
- Spherical Law of cosines formula
- Pythagoras formula
- Rhumb line formula
- Midpoint along a great circle path between coordinates
- Initial/final bearings to target location from source location
- Calculate target location with a given distance and bearing from source location
Copy CLLocationUtils to your project, include CLLocation+Utils.h and start using!
Please check CLLocationUtilsTests for examples.