A post-install hook for
macgem to automatically compile rubygems
when you install them.
All you need to do is:
gem install rubygems-compile
And then you're off to the races! When you install gems you should get a bunch of output about files being compiled.
- Large gems will take a long time to compile
- This has only been tested on a few gems
- Some gems specifically require a file with the extension defeating the purpose of having a compiled version of the file
- make the compilation an install option
- add an option to replace the original file with the compiled version
- I can't remove the original and leave *.rbo files because of how rubygems identifies gems unless I modify gemspec files
Contributing to rubygems-compile
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011 Mark Rada. See LICENSE.txt for further details.