- Rails3-mongoid-devise: https://github.com/fortuity/rails3-mongoid-devise
- Mongoid installation: http://mongoid.org/docs/installation/
- Devise: https://github.com/fortuity/rails3-mongoid-devise/wiki/Tutorial-(Walkthrough)
- OmniAuth: http://railscasts.com/episodes/235-omniauth-part-1
Thanks to Daniel Kehoe aka fortuity
A complete walkthrough tutorial is available on the Daniel Kehoe's and Fernando Tapia Rico's (me) wiki:
The tutorial documents each step to follow to create the application. Every step is documented concisely, so a complete beginner can create this application without any additional knowledge. However, no explanation is offered for any of the steps, so if you are a beginner, you’re advised to look for an introduction to Rails elsewhere. Refer to the Rails Guides site for help if you are a beginner. Or read Michael Hartl's Ruby on Rails Tutorial book.
If you simply wish to modify the application for your own project, you can download the application and set it up as described below, without following the tutorial.
This Wiki has also additional information (How To's & Tips) to customize your own rails application.
- How To: Change Devise password lenght
- How To: Use Omniauth with OpenID, Google, Yahoo...
- Tip: Twitter App registration (URL field)
- How To: Retrieve email information (middle step) from providers like Twitter or LinkedIn
- How To: Allow users to edit their account without providing a password
- How To: Integration without :confirmable (Devise)
If you make improvements to this application, please share with others.
Send the author a message, create an issue, or fork the project and submit a pull request.
If you add functionality to this application, create an alternative implementation, or build an application that is similar, please contact me and I'll add a note to the README so that others can find your work.
Fernando Tapia Rico (http://fernandotapiarico.com/)
Daniel Kehoe : rails3-mongoid-devise
Any issues? Please create an issue on GitHub.
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright © 2012 Remy Sharp, http://remysharp.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.