What is Palmares ?
Palmares is a desktop application to help french ballroom dancers to track they own results, as well as those of their friends and opponents.
Palmares can also be exported to xlsx files.
How does it works ?
Thanks to Node-webkit that provides a desktop-sandalone-nodejs integrated version of the webkit browser it was very easy to reuse my web knowledge to quickly write this application (estimated at 5 working days).
Users: how to install
Download the last installer here, and follow installation steps.
Only windows is supported for now. For other OS, please contact me or try to build it.
Developpers: how to building
So, all sources are under
src folder, and are compiled into
lib folder, after copying vendor js and css (ones from bootstrap and jquery).
- install NodeJS if not already the case.
- clone this repository:
git clone https://github.com/feugy/palmares
- enter the palmares folder with your shell.
- globally install gulp:
npm install -g gulp
- install palmares dependencies:
- download node-webkit binaries into a
- launch your app from shell:
If you change stuff under src, don't forget to compile before launching the application with the shell command
To build the windows installer, download NSIS, Access control plugin and
JSON plugin (unzip plugins directly in NSIS root folder), and compile the
installer/installer.nsi with it (don't forget to run
npm prune --production before to lighten installation package)
TODO / TOFIX
- Competition export in XLSX is broken
- use latest nw.js version 0.23.3
- detect excused & non-dancing couples in WDSF competitinos
- progressive scrolling in competition list
- use latest nw.js version 0.15.1
- output logs in log.txt instead of console
- avoid duplicate contests in competitions
- use default configuration when conf not available
- fix cleaner when no DB exists
- fix apostrophe in WDSF competition names
- update dependencies to latest version
- use nw-builder for OSX packaging
- remove moment warning on date parsing
- fix WDSF new format
- fix FFDS multiple results files for a same place and date (allow multiple urls per competition)
- allow FFDS to get archived competitions
- allow year to be configurable from UI
- handle and display retrieval errors
- update dependencies to last version
- replace cakefile per gulp
- fix error handling that prevent all competitions to be retrieved when at least one fails
- upgrade all dependencies to latest version
- replace cake buildsystem per gulp to reuse watch
- fix WDSF competition retrival: avoid duplicates without loosing data (allows multiple urls per competition)
- distinguish days of the same international competition
- cleaner removes couples results for unexisting competitions
- removes an unnecessary cleaner invokation
- allow competition to fail during update
- removes debug logs
- erase existing data with included values (CVDS)
- fix FFD provider year management
- bump node-webkit: faster execution, and allow to set exported filename in "save file" dialog
- bump underscore.string: names are properly capitalized
- bump other libraries
- enhance WDSF provider: detect competition of the same place and similar date
- enhance providers: remove parenthesis in title,
- enhance error reporting, especially while retrieving
- link on data source from competition view
- support 'ten' as result kind, in addition to 'lat' and 'std'
- new cleaner utility to remove old competitions without contest results
- order results from newer to older in excel exports
- installer with data until 2013-11-28 for CVDS couples
- fix WDSF provider to adapt to ranking list new format
- fix WDSF provider to automatically use the proper year range when getting competition list
- take in account international dance sport pages change that prevent result extraction
- use new french dance sport website
- allow export all competitions of a given couple
- fix proxy settings that were not saved
- add filtering buttons on competition list
- fix accent bug on some contest titles
- restore maximized window state between executions
- add tooltips on export, untrack and remove buttons
- allow export of tracked couples for given competitions
- on home page replace checkbox+button by contextual buttons on hovered item for better ease of use
- upgrade to node-webkit 0.5.2
- first working release !
- list track couples
- list existing competitions
- add couples by name or by club
- auto import competitions from providers
- remove couples and competitions from lists
- show a couple's palmares
- show a competition's content
- export in Xlsx file results of tracked couples within known competitions
- allow to set proxy configuration
- about dialog with developper and providers coordinates
- fancy animations during browsing
- NSIS installer
Licenced under MIT
Copyright © 2013, Damien Feugas
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
The Software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders X be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the Software.
Except as contained in this notice, the name of the shall not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other dealings in this Software without prior written authorization from Damien Feugas.