Java driver for USB Relays
This driver aims to provide to the Java ecosystem access to low cost USB relays (such as DctTech devices or the ones available on eBay).
- This driver relies on JNA and it this driver brings it transitively we used with Maven.
- HIDAPI has to be properly installed in order to use this driver. This is not provided through Maven transitive dependencies.
This library has been successfully tested on the following platforms:
- Linux desktop machine (arch: amd64 and i386)
- Linux Raspberry (arch: armv6l)
- Mac OS X (with hidapi provided by Homebrew)
Bug in Mac release of HidApi 0.8.0-rc1
A bug in the implementation of the function hid_get_feature_report for the Mac platform is present in the release candidate 0.8.0-rc1 of HidApi. This bug prevents many pieces of software (incl. jUSBRelay) to run properly.
Brew provides a patched-version of HidApi which works properly (since April 8th, 2015).
A patched version of HidApi is available on my github HidApi fork
Copyright (C) 2015 Raphaël P. Barazzutti
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.