A curated list of awesome C++ (or C) frameworks, libraries, resources, and shiny things. Inspired by awesome-... stuff.
- Awesome C++
- Standard Libraries
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asynchronous Event Loop
- Game Engine
- Image Processing
- Inter-process communication
- Machine Learning
- Memory Allocation
- Regular Expression
- Scientific Computing
- Virtual Machines
- Web Application Framework
- Other Awesome Lists
C++ Standard Library - including STL Containers, STL Aglorithm, STL Functional, etc.
- C++ Standard Library - A collection of classes and functions, which are written in the core language and part of the C++ ISO Standard itself.
- Standard Template Library - The Standard Template Library (STL).
- C POSIX library - A specification of a C standard library for POSIX systems.
- ISO C++ Standards Committee - ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG21 - The C++ Standards Committee. website
- The GNU C Library - The purpose of this manual is to tell you how to use the facilities of the GNU C Library.
C++ generic frameworks and libraries.
- abseil-cpp - Abseil C++ Common Libraries. [Apache2]
- Apache C++ Standard Library - STDCXX, A collection of algorithms, containers, iterators, and other fundamental components. [retired] [Apache2]
- APR - Apache Portable Runtime. Another library of cross-platform utility functions. [Apache2]
- ASL - Adobe Source Libraries provides peer-reviewed and portable C++ source libraries. [MIT]
⚡️- A large collection of generic C++ libraries. [Boost] website
- BDE - The BDE Development Environment from Bloomberg Labs. [Apache2]
- Cinder - A community-developed, free and open source library for professional-quality creative coding. [BSD]
- Cxxomfort - A small, header-only library that backports to C++03 some of the nifty C++11 goodies. [MIT]
⚡️- A general purpose cross-platform C++ library designed using contract programming and modern C++ techniques. [Boost] website
- EASTL - Electronic Arts Standard Template Library. [BSD]
- ETL - Embedded Template Library. [MIT]
- ffead-cpp - Framework for Enterprise Application Development. [Apache2]
- Folly - An open-source C++ library developed and used at Facebook. [Apache2]
- FunctionalPlus - Functional Programming Library for C++. Write concise and readable C++ code. [MIT]
- GLib - GLib provides the core application building blocks for libraries and applications written in C. [LGPL]
- JUCE - An all-encompassing C++ class library for developing cross-platform software. [Core-Module: ISC, Rest: GPL2/GPL3/Commercial] website
- libPhenom - libPhenom is an eventing framework for building high performance and high scalability systems in C. [Apache2]
- LibSourcey - C++11 evented IO for real-time video streaming and high performance networking applications. [LGPL]
- LibU - A multiplatform utility library written in C. [BSD]
- Loki - A C++ library of designs, containing flexible implementations of common design patterns and idioms. [MIT]
- MiLi - Minimal headers-only C++ Library. [Boost]
- OpenFrameworks - A cross platform open source toolkit for creative coding in C++. [MIT] website
⚡️- A cross-platform application and UI framework. [GPL/LGPL/Commercial]
- Reason - A cross platform framework designed to bring the ease of use of Java, .Net, or Python to developers who require the performance and strength of C++. [GPL2]
- ROOT - A set of OO frameworks with all the functionality needed to handle and analyze large amounts of data in a very efficient way. Used at CERN. [LGPL]
- STLport - An exemplary version of STL. [Free]
- STXXL - Standard Template Library for Extra Large Data Sets. [Boost]
- tbox - A glib-like multi-platform c library. [Apache2] website
- Ultimate++ - A C++ cross-platform rapid application development framework. [BSD]
- uSTL - The small STL library. [MIT]
- Windows Template Library - A C++ library for developing Windows applications and UI components. [Public]
- Yomm2 - Fast, Orthogonal, Open multi-methods. Supersedes Yomm11 [Boost]
- ANNetGPGPU - A GPU (CUDA) based Artificial Neural Network library. [LGPL]
- btsk - Game Behavior Tree Starter Kit. [zlib]
- Evolving Objects - A template-based, ANSI-C++ evolutionary computation library which helps you to write your own stochastic optimization algorithms insanely fast. [LGPL]
- frugally-deep - Header-only library for using Keras models in C++. [MIT]
- Genann - Simple neural network library in C. [zlib]
- Recast/Detour - (3D) Navigation mesh generator and pathfinder, mostly for games. [zlib]
- TensorFlow - An open source software library for numerical computation using data flow graphs [Apache]
- CNTK - Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK), an open source deep-learning toolkit. [Boost]
- tiny-dnn - A header only, dependency-free deep learning framework in C++11. [BSD]
- Veles - Distributed platform for rapid Deep learning application development. [Apache]
- Kaldi - Toolkit for speech recognition. [Apache]
Asynchronous Event Loop
- Asio - A cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level I/O programming that provides developers with a consistent asynchronous model using a modern C++ approach. [Boost] website
- Boost.Asio - A cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level I/O programming. [Boost]
- C++ Actor Framework - An Open Source Implementation of the Actor Model in C++. [BSD-3-Clause] website
- libev - A full-featured and high-performance event loop that is loosely modelled after libevent, but without its limitations and bugs. [BSD and GPL]
- libevent - An event notification library. [BSD]
- libuv - Cross-platform asychronous I/O. [BSD]
- uvw - C++ wrapper for libuv. [MIT]
Audio, Sound, Music, Digitized Voice Libraries
- FMOD - An easy to use crossplatform audio engine and audio content creation tool for games. [Free for non-commercial/Commercial]
- KFR - Fast, modern C++ DSP framework, FFT, FIR/IIR filters, Sample Rate Conversion. [GPL/Commercial]
- Maximilian - C++ Audio and Music DSP Library. [MIT]
- mini_al - Single file audio playback and capture library. [Unlicense]
- OpenAL - Open Audio Library - A crossplatform audio API. [BSD/LGPL/Commercial]
- Opus - A totally open, royalty-free, highly versatile audio codec. [BSD]
- SELA - SimplE Lossless Audio. [MIT]
- SoLoud - Easy, portable audio engine for games. [zlib]
- Speex - A free codec for free speech. Obsoleted by Opus. [BSD]
- Tonic - Easy and efficient audio synthesis in C++. [Unlicense]
- Vorbis - Ogg Vorbis is a fully open, non-proprietary, patent-and-royalty-free, general-purpose compressed audio format. [BSD]
- minimp3 - Public domain, header-only MP3 decoder with clean-room implementation. [CC0]
Bioinformatics, Genomics, Biotech
- BioC++ - C++ Computational Libraries for Bioinformatics. [BSD]
- Chaste - An open source C++ library for the computational simulation of mathematical models developed for physiology and biology. [BSD]
- libsequence - A C++ library for representing and analyzing population genetics data. [GPL]
- SeqAn - Algorithms and data structures for the analysis of sequences with the focus on biological data. [BSD/3-clause]
- Vcflib - A C++ library for parsing and manipulating VCF files. [MIT]
- Wham - Structural variants (SVs) in Genomes by directly applying association tests to BAM files. [MIT]
- jech/dht - BitTorrent DHT library in C. [MIT]
- libtorrent (a.k.a. libtorrent-rasterbar) - An efficient feature complete C++ bittorrent implementation. [BSD]
- LibTorrent (a.k.a. libtorrent-rakshasa) - BitTorrent library. [GPL]
- libutp - uTorrent Transport Protocol library. [MIT]
Console/Terminal User Interface, Command Line Interface
- Argh! - A minimalist, frustration-free, header-only argument handler. [BSD]
- Taywee/args - A simple header-only C++ argument parser library. [MIT]
- Boost.Program_options - A library to obtain program options via conventional methods such as command line and config file. [Boost]
- CLI11 - Header only single or multi-file C++11 library for simple and advanced CLI parsing. [BSD]
- jarro2783/cxxopts - Lightweight C++ command line option parser. [MIT]
- docopt.cpp - A library to generate option parser from docstring. [MIT/Boost]
- gflags - Commandline flags module for C++. [BSD]
- linenoise - A small self-contained alternative to readline and libedit. [BSD-2-Clause]
- linenoise-ng - A small, portable GNU readline replacement for Linux, Windows and MacOS which is capable of handling UTF-8 characters. [BSD]
- Ncurses - A terminal user interfaces. [MIT]
- PDCurses - Public domain curses library with both source code and pre-compiled library available. [PublicDomain]
- replxx - A readline and libedit replacement that supports UTF-8, syntax highlighting, hints, works on Unix and Windows. [BSD]
- TCLAP - A mature, stable and feature-rich library for defining and accessing command line arguments in ANSI C++. [MIT]
- termbox - A C library for writing text-based user interfaces. [MIT]
Compression and Archiving Libraries
- Brotli - Brotli compression format. Developed by Google. [MIT]
- bzip2 - A freely available, patent free, high-quality data compressor. [BSD]
- FiniteStateEntropy - New generation entropy codecs : Finite State Entropy and Huff0.
- PhysicsFS - A library to provide abstract access to various archives. It is intended for use in video games, and the design was somewhat inspired by Quake 3's file subsystem. [zlib]
- KArchive - A library for creating, reading, writing and manipulating file archives like zip and tar. It also provides transparent compression and decompression of data, using formats like gzip, via a subclass of QIODevice. [LGPL]
- libarchive - Multi-format archive and compression library. [New BSD] website
- LZ4 - Extremely Fast Compression algorithm. [BSD]
- LZFSE - LZFSE compression library and command line tool. Developed by Apple.
- LZHAM - Lossless data compression library with a compression ratio similar to LZMA but with much faster decompression. [BSD]
⚡️- The default and general compression method of 7z format. [PublicDomain]
- LZMAT - An extremely fast real-time lossless data compression library. [GPL]
- miniz - Single C source file Deflate/Inflate compression library with zlib-compatible API, ZIP archive reading/writing, PNG writing. [Unlicense]
- Minizip - Zlib with latest bug fixes that supports PKWARE disk spanning, AES encryption, and IO buffering. [zlib]
- smaz - Small strings compression library. [BSD]
- Snappy - A fast compressor/decompressor. [BSD]
- ZLib - A very compact compression library for data streams. [zlib]
- zlib-ng - zlib for the "next generation" systems. Drop-In replacement with some serious optimizations. [zlib]
- zstd - Zstandard - Fast real-time compression algorithm. Developed by Facebook. [BSD]
- ZZIPlib - Provides read access on ZIP-archives. [MPL/LGPL]
Concurrency and Multithreading
- alpaka - Abstraction library for parallel kernel acceleration. [LGPLv3+]
- ArrayFire - A general purpose GPU library. [BSD]
- Async++ - A lightweight concurrency framework for C++11, inspired by the Microsoft PPL library and the N3428 C++ standard proposal. [MIT]
- Boost.Compute - A C++ GPU Computing Library for OpenCL. [Boost]
- Bolt - A C++ template library optimized for GPUs. [Apache2]
- ck - Concurrency primitives, safe memory reclamation mechanisms and non-blocking data structures. [BSD]
- concurrentqueue - A fast multi-producer, multi-consumer lock-free concurrent queue for C++11. [BSD,Boost]
- Cpp-Taskflow - Fast C++ Parallel Programming with Task Dependencies. [MIT]
- CUB - CUB provides state-of-the-art, reusable software components for every layer of the CUDA programming mode. [New BSD]
- cupla - C++ API to run CUDA/C++ on OpenMP, Threads, TBB, ... through Alpaka. [LGPLv3+]
- C++React - A reactive programming library for C++11. [Boost]
- Intel Parallel STL - Intel® implementation of C++17 STL for C++11 and above. [Apache2]
- Intel TBB - Intel® Threading Building Blocks. [Apache2]
- junction - A library of concurrent data structures in C++. [BSD]
- libcds - A C++ library of Concurrent Data Structures. [BSD]
- Libclsph - An OpenCL based GPU accelerated SPH fluid simulation library. [MIT]
- libdill - Introduces structured concurrency in C. [MIT]
- libmill - Introduces Go-style concurrency in C. [MIT]
- moderngpu - moderngpu is a productivity library for general-purpose computing on GPUs. It is a header-only C++ library written for CUDA. The unique value of the library is in its accelerated primitives for solving irregularly parallel problems. [FreeBSD & Copyright, Sean Baxter]
- NCCL - Optimized primitives for collective multi-GPU communication. [BSD]
- OpenCL - The open standard for parallel programming of heterogeneous systems.
- OpenMP - The OpenMP API.
- RaftLib - The RaftLib C++ library, streaming/dataflow concurrency via C++ iostream-like operators [Apache2]
- readerwriterqueue - A fast single-producer, single-consumer lock-free queue for C++. [BSD]
- Thrust - A parallel algorithms library which resembles the C++ Standard Template Library (STL). [Apache2]
- transwarp - A header-only C++ library for task concurrency. [MIT]
- HPX - A general purpose C++ runtime system for parallel and distributed applications of any scale. [Boost]
- VexCL - A C++ vector expression template library for OpenCL/CUDA. [MIT]
- C++ B-tree - A template library that implements ordered in-memory containers based on a B-tree data structure. [Apache2]
- Colony - An unordered "bag"-type container which outperforms std containers in high-modification scenarios while maintaining permanent pointers to non-erased elements regardless of insertion/erasure. [zLib] website
- Hashmaps - Implementation of open addressing hash table algorithms in C++. [MIT]
- Hopscotch map - A fast header-only hash map which uses hopscotch hashing for collisions resolution. [MIT]
- LSHBOX - A c++ toolbox of locality-sensitive hashing (LSH), provides several popular LSH algorithms, also support Python and MATLAB. [GPL]
- plf::list - A std::list implementation which removes range splicing in order to enable cache-friendlier structure, yielding significant performance gains. [zLib] website
- plf::stack - A replacement container for the std::stack container adaptor, with better performance than any std container in a stack context. [zLib] website
- ring_span lite - A simplified implementation of Arthur O'Dwyer's ring_span implementation ie. a circular buffer view. [MIT]
- sparsepp - A fast, memory efficient hash map for C++. [BSD 3-clause]
Cryptography and Encryption Libraries
- Bcrypt - A cross platform file encryption utility. Encrypted files are portable across all supported operating systems and processors. [BSD]
- BeeCrypt - A portable and fast cryptography library. [LGPLv2.1+]
- Botan - A crypto library for C++. [BSD-2]
- Crypto++ - A free C++ class library of cryptographic schemes. [Boost] website
- digestpp - C++11 header-only message digest (hash) library. [PublicDomain]
- GnuPG - A complete and free implementation of the OpenPGP standard. [GPL]
- GnuTLS - A secure communications library implementing the SSL, TLS and DTLS protocols. [LGPL2.1]
- Libgcrypt - A general purpose cryptographic library originally based on code from GnuPG. [LGPLv2.1+]
- libhydrogen - A lightweight, secure, easy-to-use crypto library for constrained environments. [ISC]
- LibreSSL - A free version of the SSL/TLS protocol forked from OpenSSL in 2014. [?]
- libsodium - P(ortable|ackageable) NaCl-based crypto library, opinionated and easy to use. [ISC]
- libhydrogen - A lightweight, secure, easy-to-use crypto library suitable for constrained environments. [ISC]
- LibTomCrypt - A fairly comprehensive, modular and portable cryptographic toolkit. [WTFPL]
- mbedTLS - An open source, portable, easy to use, readable and flexible SSL library, previously known as PolarSSL. [Apache2] website
- Nettle - A low-level cryptographic library. [LGPL]
- OpenSSL - A robust, commercial-grade, full-featured, and Open Source cryptography library. [Apache] website
- retter - A collection of hash functions, ciphers, tools, libraries, and materials related to cryptography.
- s2n - An implementation of the TLS/SSL protocols. [Apache]
- sha1collisiondetection - Library and command line tool to detect SHA-1 collision in a file. [MIT]
- Tink - A multi-language, cross-platform library that provides cryptographic APIs that are secure, easy to use correctly, and hard(er) to misuse. [Apache-2.0]
- Tiny AES in C - Small portable AES128/192/256 in C. [PublicDomain]
- Themis - crypto library for painless data security, providing symmetric and asymmetric encryption, secure sockets with forward secrecy, for mobile and server platforms. [Apache2]
Database Libraries, SQL Servers, ODBC Drivers, and Tools
- hiberlite - C++ Object-relational mapping for sqlite3. [BSD]
- Hiredis - A minimalistic C client library for the Redis database. [BSD]
- LevelDB - A fast key-value storage library written at Google that provides an ordered mapping from string keys to string values. [BSD]
- LMDB - Very fast embedded key/value store with full ACID semantics. [OpenLDAP]
- LMDB++ - C++11 wrapper for the LMDB embedded database library. [PublicDomain]
- MongoDB C Driver - MongoDB client library for C. [Apache2]
- MongoDB C++ Driver - C++ driver for MongoDB. [Apache2]
- MongoDB Libbson - A BSON utility library. [Apache2]
- MySQL++ - A C++ wrapper for MySQL's C API. [LGPL]
- nanodbc - A small C++ wrapper for the native C ODBC API. [MIT]
- ODB - An open-source, cross-platform, and cross-database object-relational mapping (ORM) system for C++. [GPLv2]
- redis3m - Wrapper of hiredis with clean C++ interface, supporting sentinel and ready to use patterns. [Apache2]
- RocksDB - Embedded key-value store for fast storage from facebook. [BSD]
- SimDB - High performance, shared memory, lock free, cross platform, single file, minimal dependencies, C++11 key-value store [Apache2]
- SQLite - A completely embedded, full-featured relational database in a few 100k that you can include right into your project. [PublicDomain]
- SQLiteC++ - SQLiteC++ (SQLiteCpp) is a smart and easy to use C++ SQLite3 wrapper. [MIT]
- sqlite_modern_cpp - Header only C++14 wrapper around sqlite library. [MIT]
- sqlite_orm - SQLite ORM light header only library for modern C++. [BSD-3-Clause]
- TileDB - Fast Dense and Sparse Multidimensional Array DBMS. [MIT] website
- upscaledb - An embedded "typed" key/value store with a built-in query interface. [GPLv3]
Debugging Libraries, Memory Leak and Resource Leak Detection, Unit Testing
- backward-cpp - A beautiful stack trace pretty printer for C++. [MIT]
- benchmark - Google provided small microbenchmark support library. [Apache2]
- Boost.Test - Boost Test Library. [Boost]
- doctest - The lightest feature rich C++ single header testing framework. [MIT]
- Catch - A modern, C++-native, header-only, framework for unit-tests, TDD and BDD. [Boost]
- Catch2 - A modern, C++-native, header-only, test framework for unit-tests, TDD and BDD. [BSL-1.0]
- Celero - C++ Benchmarking Framework. [Apache2]
- CppUTest - Unit testing and mocking framework for C/C++. [BSD-3-clause]
- CUTE - C++ Unit Testing Easier. [LGPL3]
- CMocka - unit testing framework for C with support for mock objects. [Apache2]
- CppUnit - C++ port of JUnit. [LGPL2]
- CTest - The CMake test driver program. [BSD]
- Deleaker - A tool for resource leak detection, including memory, GDI and handle leaks.
- fff - A micro-framework for creating fake C functions. [MIT]
- Google Mock - A library for writing and using C++ mock classes. [BSD]
- Google Test - Google C++ Testing Framework. [BSD]
- ig-debugheap - Multiplatform debug heap useful for tracking down memory errors. [BSD]
- libtap - Write tests in C. [GPL2]
- MemTrack - Tracking memory allocations in C++.
- microprofile - Profiler with web-view for multiple platforms. [PublicDomain]
- MinUnit - A minimal unit testing framework for C self-contained in a single header file. [MIT]
- Mockator - Eclipse CDT plug-in for C++ Seams and Mock Objects.
- Nanotimer - A simple low-overhead cross-platform timer class for benchmarking. [zLib] website
- Remotery - Single C File Profiler with Web Viewer. [Apache2]
- UnitTest++ - A lightweight unit testing framework for C++. [MIT/X Consortium license]
- utest.h - Single header unit testing framework for C and C++. [Unlicense]
- VLD - Visual Leak Detector. A free, robust, open-source memory leak detection system for Visual C++.
- Acid - A high speed C++17 Vulkan game engine. [MIT]
- Allegro - A cross-platform library mainly aimed for video games and multimedia programming. [zlib]
- Banshee 3D - Modern C++14 game engine with Vulkan support, fully featured editor and C# scripting. [LGPL3/Commercial]
- Cocos2d-x - A multi-platform framework for building 2d games, interactive books, demos and other graphical applications. [MIT]
- delta3d - A robust simulation platform. [LGPL2]
- EnTT - Gaming meets modern C++. [MIT]
- GamePlay - A cross-platform native C++ game framework for creating 2D/3D mobile and desktop games. [Apache2]
- Godot - A fully featured, open source, MIT licensed, game engine. [MIT]
- Grit - Community project to build a free game engine for implementing open world 3D games. [MIT]
- KlayGE - a cross-platform open source game engine with plugin-based architecture. [GPLv2] website
- OpenXRay - a community-modified X-Ray engine used in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series. [Modified BSD/non-commercial only]
- Oxygine - A cross-platform 2D C++ game engine. [MIT]
- Panda3D - A game engine, a framework for 3D rendering and game development for Python and C++ programs. [Modified BSD] website
- PixelGameEngine - The official distribution of olcPixelGameEngine, a tool used in javidx9's YouTube videos and projects. [OLC3]
- Polycode - A cross-platform framework for creative code in C++ (with Lua bindings). [MIT] website
- Torque2D - An open-source and cross-platform C++ engine built for 2D game development. [MIT] website
- Torque3D - An open-source C++ engine built for 3D game development. [MIT] website
- toy engine - toy is a thin and modular c++ game engine and offers simple expressive c++ idioms to design full featured 2D or 3D games in fast iterations.
- Urho3D - A free lightweight, cross-platform 2D and 3D game engine implemented in C++. Greatly inspired by OGRE and Horde3D. [MIT]
Graphic User Interface
- CEGUI - Flexible, cross-platform GUI library.
- FLTK - Fast, light, cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit. [GPL2]
- GacUI - GPU Accelerated C++ User Interface, with WYSIWYG developing tools, XML supports, built-in data binding and MVVM features. [Ms-PL]
- GTK+ - A multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces. [LGPL]
- gtkmm - The official C++ interface for the popular GUI library GTK+. [LGPL]
- imgui - Immediate Mode Graphical User Interface with minimal dependencies. [MIT]
- libRocket - libRocket is a C++ HTML/CSS game interface middleware. [MIT]
- libui - Simple and portable (but not inflexible) GUI library in C that uses the native GUI technologies of each platform it supports. [MIT]
- MyGUI - Fast, flexible and simple GUI. [MIT]
- nana - Nana is a cross-platform library for GUI programming in modern C++ style. [Boost]
- NanoGui - A minimalistic cross-platform widget library for OpenGL 3.x or higher. [BSD]
- nuklear - A single-header ANSI C gui library. [PublicDomain]
- QCustomPlot - Qt plotting widget without further dependencies. [GPLv3]
- Qwt - Qt Widgets for Technical Applications. [Own based on LGPL]
- QwtPlot3D - A feature-rich Qt/OpenGL-based C++ programming library, providing essentially a bunch of 3D-widgets. [zlib]
- Sciter - Sciter is an embeddable HTML/CSS/scripting engine aimed to be used as an UI layer of modern desktop applications. [Free/Commercial]
- wxWidgets - A C++ library that lets developers create applications for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and other platforms with a single code base. [Own LGPL]
- Yue - A library for creating native cross-platform GUI apps. [LGPLv2]
- bgfx - A cross-platform rendering library. [BSD]
- bs::framework - Modern C++14 library for the development of real-time graphical applications. [MIT]
- Cairo - A 2D graphics library with support for multiple output devices. [LGPL2 or Mozilla MPL]
- Diligent Engine - A modern cross-platform low-level 3D graphics library. [Apache2]
- DirectXTK - A collection of helper classes for writing DirectX 11.x code in C++. [MIT]
- GLFW - A simple, cross-platform OpenGL wrangling library. [zlib/libpng]
- herebedragons - A basic 3D scene implemented with various engines, frameworks or APIs. [MIT] website
- Horde3D - A small 3D rendering and animation engine. [EPL]
- Ion - A small and efficient set of libraries for building cross-platform client or server applications that use 3D graphics. [Apache2] website
- Irrlicht - A high performance realtime 3D engine written in C++. [zlib]
- libigl - Simple C++ geometry processing library. [MPL2]
- magnum - Lightweight and modular C++11/C++14 graphics middleware for games and data visualization. [MIT] website
- NanoVG - Antialiased 2D vector drawing library on top of OpenGL for UI and visualizations. [Zlib]
- Ogre 3D
⚡️- A scene-oriented, real-time, flexible 3D rendering engine (as opposed to a game engine) written in C++. [MIT]
- OpenSceneGraph - An open source high performance 3D graphics toolkit. [OSGPL]
- OpenSubdiv - Pixar's library for evaluating and rendering subdivision surfaces on CPU and GPU. [Modified Apache2]
- OpenVDB - Library and tools for storing, editing, and rendering volumetric datasets. [MPL2]
- Panda3D - A framework for 3D rendering and game development for Python and C++. [BSD]
- Partio - Library for wrangling particle data, with support for most common file formats. [Modified BSD]
- Skia - A complete 2D graphic library for drawing Text, Geometries, and Images. [BSD] webpage
- TinySpline - A small, yet powerful ANSI C library for interpolating, transforming, and querying arbitrary NURBS, B-Splines, and Bézier curves. [MIT]
- urho3d - Cross-platform rendering and game engine. [Many different, mostly MIT]
- Boost.GIL - Generic Image Library.
- CImg - A small, open source, C++ toolkit for image processing. [Own LGPL or GPL]
- CxImage - An image processing and conversion library to load, save, display, transform BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, MNG, ICO, PCX, TGA, WMF, WBMP, JBG, J2K images. [zlib]
- FreeImage - An open source library that supports popular graphics image formats and others as needed by today's multimedia applications. [GPL2 or GPL3]
- GD - GD Graphics Library, famously used in PHP for image loading/manipulation & thumbnail generation. [custom permissive license, requires mention in user docs] website
- DCMTK - DICOM Toolkit.
- GDCM - Grassroots DICOM library.
- ITK - An open-source, cross-platform system for image analysis. [Apache2 from ITK 4.0]
- libvips - A fast image processing library with low memory needs. [LGPL] website
- Magick++ - ImageMagick program interfaces for C++. [Apache2]
- MagickWnd - ImageMagick program interfaces for C. [Apache2]
⚡️- Open source computer vision. [BSD]
- OpenEXR - Cross-platform library for high dynamic range imaging. [Modified BSDF]
- OpenImageIO - Powerful image and texture wrangling library with support for a wide number of common lossy and RAW formats. [Modified BSD]
- tesseract-ocr - An OCR engine. [Apache2]
- TinyEXIF - Tiny ISO-compliant C++ EXIF and XMP parsing library for JPEG. [MIT]
- Video++ - A C++14 high performance video and image processing library. [MIT]
- VIGRA - A generic C++ computer vision library for image analysis. [MIT X11]
- VTK - Open-source, freely available software system for 3D computer graphics, image processing and visualization. [BSD]
- gettext - GNU `gettext'. [GPL2]
- IBM ICU - A set of C/C++ and Java libraries providing Unicode and Globalization support. [ICU]
- libiconv - An encoding conversion library between different character encodings. [GPL]
- utf8.h - Single header utf8 string functions for C and C++. [Unlicense]
- Apache Thrift - Efficient cross-language IPC/RPC, works between C++, Java, Python, PHP, C#, and many more other languages. Originally developed by Facebook. [Apache2]
- Cap'n Proto - Fast data interchange format and capability-based RPC system. [MIT]
- gRPC - A high performance, open source, general-purpose RPC framework. [BSD] website
- libjson-rpc-cpp - JSON-RPC framework for C++ servers and clients. [MIT]
- nanomsg - A simple high-performance implementation of several "scalability protocols". [MIT] website
- nng - nanomsg-next-generation, a light-weight brokerless messaging library. [MIT] website
- simple-rpc-cpp - A simple RPC wrapper generator to C/C++ functions. [BSD]
- WAMP - Provides RPC and pub/sub messaging patterns. (various implementations, various languages)
- xmlrpc-c - A lightweight RPC library based on XML and HTTP. [BSD]
- ZeroMQ - High-speed, modular asynchronous communication library. [LGPL]
- Boost.PropertyTree - A property tree parser/generator that can be used to parse XML/JSON/INI/Info files. [Boost]
- frozen - JSON parser and generator for C/C++. [GPL & GPL2]
- Jansson - C library for encoding, decoding and manipulating JSON data. [MIT]
- jbson - jbson is a library for building & iterating BSON data, and JSON documents in C++14. [Boost]
- JeayeSON - A very sane (header only) C++ JSON library. [BSD]
⚡️- JSON for Modern C++. [MIT]
- JSON++ - A JSON parser in C++. [MIT]
- json.h - A simple one header/one source solution to parsing JSON in C and C++. [Unlicense]
- json-c - A JSON implementation in C. [MIT]
- JsonCpp - A C++ library for interacting with JSON. [MIT]
- json-parser - Very low footprint JSON parser written in portable ANSI C. [BSD]
- json11 - A tiny JSON library for C++11. [MIT]
- json-voorhees - JSON library for C++. Support for C++11. No dependencies, fast and dev-friendly. [Apache2]
- jute - Very simple C++ JSON Parser. [PublicDomain]
- libjson - A JSON parser and printer library in C. easy to integrate with any model. [LGPL]
- libjson - Lightweight JSON library. [?]
⚡️- Universal configuration library parser [BSD-2-Clause]
- PicoJSON - A header-file-only, JSON parser serializer in C++. [BSD]
- qt-json - A simple class for parsing JSON data into a QVariant hierarchy and vice versa. [GPLv3]
- QJson - A qt-based library that maps JSON data to QVariant objects. [LGPL2]
⚡️- A fast JSON parser/generator for C++ with both SAX/DOM style API. [MIT]
- ujson - µjson is a a small, C++11, UTF-8, JSON library. [MIT]
- YAJL - A fast streaming JSON parsing library in C. [ISC]
- Blackhole - Attribute-based logging framework, which is designed to be fast, modular and highly customizable. [MIT]
- Boost.Log - Designed to be very modular and extensible. [Boost]
- Easylogging++ - Single header only, extremely light-weight high performance logging library for C++11 (or higher) applications. [MIT] website
- G3log - Asynchronous logger with Dynamic Sinks. [PublicDomain]
- glog - C++ implementation of the Google logging module.
- Log4cpp - A library of C++ classes for flexible logging to files, syslog, IDSA and other destinations. [LGPL]
- log4cplus - A simple to use C++ logging API providing thread-safe, flexible, and arbitrarily granular control over log management and configuration. [BSD & Apache2]
- loguru - A lightweight C++ logging library. [PublicDomain]
- plog - Portable and simple C++ logging library. [MPL2]
- reckless - Low-latency, high-throughput, asynchronous logging library for C++. [MIT]
- spdlog - Super fast, header only, C++ logging library.
- templog - A very small and lightweight C++ library which you can use to add logging to your C++ applications. [Boost]
- P7Baical - An open source and cross-platform library for high-speed sending telemetry & trace data with minimal usage of CPU and memory. [LGPL]
- Caffe - A fast framework for neural networks. [BSD]
- Caffe2 - A lightweight, modular, and scalable deep learning framework. [Apache2] website
- CCV - C-based/Cached/Core Computer Vision Library, A Modern Computer Vision Library. [BSD]
- Fido - A highly-modular C++ machine learning library for embedded electronics and robotics. [MIT] website
- MeTA - A modern C++ data sciences toolkit. [MIT] website
- Minerva - A fast and flexible system for deep learning. [Apache2]
- mlpack - A scalable c++ machine learning library. [LGPLv3] website
⚡️- Open Source Computer Vision Library. [BSD] website
- Recommender - C library for product recommendations/suggestions using collaborative filtering (CF). [BSD]
- RNNLIB - RNNLIB is a recurrent neural network library for sequence learning problems. [GPLv3]
- SHOGUN - The Shogun Machine Learning Toolbox. [GPLv3]
- sofia-ml - The suite of fast incremental algorithms for machine learning. [Apache2]
- VLFeat - The VLFeat open source library implements popular computer vision algorithms specialising in image understanding and local featurexs extraction and matching. [BSD-2-Clause] website
- xgboost - Scalable, Portable and Distributed Gradient Boosting (GBDT, GBRT or GBM) Library, for Python, R, Java, Scala, C++ and more. Runs on single machine, Hadoop, Spark, Flink and DataFlow. [Apache2]
- Apophenia - A C library for statistical and scientific computing [GPL2]
- Armadillo - A high quality linear algebra library (matrix maths) for the C++ language, aiming towards a good balance between speed and ease of use. The syntax (API) is deliberately similar to Matlab. [MPL2] website
- blaze - high-performance C++ math library for dense and sparse arithmetic. [BSD]
- Boost.Multiprecision - provides higher-range/precision integer, rational and floating-point types in C++, header-only or with GMP/MPFR/LibTomMath backends. [Boost]
- ceres-solver - C++ library for modeling and solving large complicated nonlinear least squares problems from google. [BSD]
- CGAL - Collection of efficient and reliable geometric algorithms. [LGPL&GPL] website
- cml - free C++ math library for games and graphics. [Boost]
- Eigen - A high-level C++ library of template headers for linear algebra, matrix and vector operations, numerical solvers and related algorithms. [MPL2]
- ExprTK - The C++ Mathematical Expression Toolkit Library (ExprTk) is a simple to use, easy to integrate and extremely efficient run-time mathematical expression parser and evaluation engine. [MIT]
- Geometric Tools - C++ library for computing in the fields of mathematics, graphics, image analysis and physics. [Boost] website
- GLM - Header-only C++ math library that matches and inter-operates with OpenGL's GLSL math. [MIT]
- GMTL - Graphics Math Template Library is a collection of tools implementing Graphics primitives in generalized ways. [GPL2]
- GMP - A C library for arbitrary precision arithmetic, operating on signed integers, rational numbers, and floating-point numbers. [LGPL3 & GPL2]
- MIRACL - A Multiprecision Integer and Rational Arithmetic Cryptographic Library. [AGPL]
- muparser - muParser is an extensible high performance math expression parser library written in C++. [MIT]
- NT2 - A SIMD-optimized numerical template library that provides an interface with MATLAB-like syntax. [Boost]
- LibTomMath - A free open source portable number theoretic multiple-precision integer library written entirely in C. [PublicDomain & WTFPL] website
- linmath.h - A lean linear math library, aimed at graphics programming. [WTFPL]
- OpenBLAS - An optimized BLAS library based on GotoBLAS2 1.13 BSD version. [BSD 3-clause] website
- QuantLib - A free/open-source library for quantitative finance. [Modified BSD] website
- StatsLib - A C++ header-only library of statistical distribution functions. [Apache2] website
- TinyExpr - A C library for parsing and evaluating math expressions from strings. [zlib]
- Vc - SIMD Vector Classes for C++. [BSD]
- Versor - A (fast) Generic C++ library for Geometric Algebras, including Euclidean, Projective, Conformal, Spacetime (etc).
- Wykobi - A C++ library of efficient, robust and simple to use C++ 2D/3D oriented computational geometry routines. [MIT]
- xtensor - A C++14 library for numerical analysis with multi-dimensional array expressions, inspired by NumPy syntax. [BSD 3-clause] website
- Hoard - Fast, Scalable, and Memory-efficient Malloc for Linux, Windows, and Mac. [GPL, commercial] website
- jemalloc - General purpose malloc(3) implementation that emphasizes fragmentation avoidance and scalable concurrency support. [BSD] website
- GStreamer - A library for constructing graphs of media-handling components. [LGPL]
- libav - A collection of libraries and tools to process multimedia content such as audio, video, subtitles and related metadata. [LGPL v2.1+ and others] website
- LIVE555 Streaming Media - Multimedia streaming library using open standard protocols (RTP/RTCP, RTSP, SIP). [LGPL]
- libVLC - libVLC (VLC SDK) media framework. [GPL]
- MediaInfoLib - Convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files. [BSD]
- QtAv - A multimedia playback framework based on Qt and FFmpeg to write a player easily. [LGPL] website
⚡️- Simple DirectMedia Layer. [zlib]
⚡️- Simple and Fast Multimedia Library. [zlib] website
- TagLib - A library for reading and editing the metadata of several popular audio formats. [LGPL/MPL] website
- ACE - An OO Network Programming Toolkit in C++. [?MIT?]
⚡️- A cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level I/O programming. [Boost]
- Breep - Event based, high-level C++14 peer-to-peer library. [EUPL-1.1 (OSI approved)]
- C++ REST SDK - C++ REST SDK (previously named Casablanca). [Apache2]
- Restbed - C++11 Asynchronous RESTful framework. [AGPL]
- cpp-netlib - A collection of open-source libraries for high level network programming. [Boost]
- cpr - A modern C++ HTTP requests library with a simple but powerful interface. Modeled after the Python Requests module. [MIT] website
- curlcpp - An object oriented C++ wrapper for CURL(libcurl). [MIT]
- Dyad.c - Asynchronous networking for C. [MIT]
- ENet - Reliable UDP networking library. [MIT] website
- evpp - C++ high performance networking with TCP/UDP/HTTP protocols. [BSD]
- H2O - An optimized HTTP server with support for HTTP/1.x and HTTP/2. It can also be used as a library. [MIT]
- HTTP Parser
⚡️- A http request/response parser for C. [MIT]
- libcurl - Multiprotocol file transfer library. [MIT/X derivate license]
- libjingle - Google talk voice and P2P interoperability library. [BSD]
- Libmicrohttpd - GNU libmicrohttpd is a small C library that is supposed to make it easy to run an HTTP server as part of another application. [LGPL v2.1+]
- libquic - A QUIC protocol library extracted from Chromium's QUIC Implementation. [BSD]
- libwebsockets - A lightweight pure C WebSocket implementation that provides both client and server libraries. [LGPL2.1 + static link exception] website
- Mongoose - Extremely lightweight webserver. [GPL2]
- Muduo - A C++ non-blocking network library for multi-threaded server in Linux. [BSD]
- nghttp2 - HTTP/2 C Library. [MIT] website
- nope.c - A C language-based ultra-light software platform for scalable server-side and networking applications. Think node.js for C programmers. [GPL2]
- Onion - HTTP server library in C designed to be lightweight and easy to use. [Apache2/GPL2]
⚡️- C++ class libraries and frameworks for building network- and internet-based applications that run on desktop, server, mobile and embedded systems. [Boost] website
- Proxygen - Facebook's collection of C++ HTTP libraries including an easy to use HTTP server. [BSD]
- RakNet - A cross platform, open source, C++ networking engine for game programmers. [BSD]
- Seasocks - Simple, small, C++ embeddable webserver with WebSockets support. [BSD]
- Silicon - A high performance, middleware oriented C++14 http web framework. [MIT]
- Tufão - An asynchronous web framework for C++ built on top of Qt. [LGPL2]
- uWebSockets - µWS is one of the most lightweight, efficient & scalable WebSocket & HTTP server implementations available. [Zlib]
- Wangle - A client/server application framework to build asynchronous, event-driven modern C++ services. [Apache-2.0]
- wdt - An embeddedable library (and command line tool) aiming to transfer data between 2 systems as fast as possible over multiple TCP paths. [BSD-3-Clause]
- WebSocket++ - C++/Boost Asio based websocket client/server library. [BSD]
Libraries for parsing and manipulating PDF documents.
- libharu - A free, cross platform, open-sourced software library for generating PDF. [zlib]
- MuPDF - A lightweight PDF, XPS, and E-book viewer. [AGPL/Commercial]
- PoDoFo - A library to work with the PDF file format. [LGPL]
- Poppler - Open-source multi-backend PDF rendering library based on the xpdf-3.0 code base. [GPLv2/GPLv3]
- Xpdf - Xpdf is a free PDF viewer and toolkit, including a text extractor, image converter, HTML converter, and more. [GPL v2/GPL v3]
Dynamics simulation engines
- Box2D - A 2D physics engine for games. [BSD-like]
- Bullet - A 3D physics engine for games. [zlib] website
- Chipmunk - A fast and lightweight 2D game physics library. [MIT] website
- LiquidFun - A 2D physics engine for games. [BSD-like]
- Newton Dynamics - An integrated solution for real time simulation of physics environments. [zlib]
- ODE - Open Dynamics Engine - An open source, high performance library for simulating rigid body dynamics. [BSD&LGPL]
- ofxBox2d - openFrameworks wrapper for Box2D. [BSD-like]
- Simbody - High-performance C++ multibody dynamics/physics library for simulating articulated biomechanical and mechanical systems like vehicles, robots, and the human skeleton. [Apache2]
- CppVerbalExpressions - C++ regular expressions made easy. [MIT]
- CTRE - A Compile time PCRE (almost) compatible regular expression matcher. [MIT]
- PCRE - A regular expression C library inspired by the regular expression capabilities in Perl. [BSD]
- RE2 - A software library for regular expressions via a finite-state machine using automata theory. [BSD-3-Clause]
- SLRE - Super Light Regexp engine for C/C++. [GPLv2/Commercial]
- MOOS-IvP - A set of open source C++ modules for providing autonomy on robotic platforms, in particular autonomous marine vehicles.
- MRPT - Mobile Robot Programming Toolkit. [BSD]
- PCL - Point Cloud Library is a standalone, large scale, open project for 2D/3D image and point cloud processing [BSD] website
- Robotics Library (RL) - A self-contained C++ library for robot kinematics, motion planning and control. [BSD]
- RobWork - A collection of C++ libraries for simulation and control of robot systems. [Apache2]
- ROS - Robot Operating System provides libraries and tools to help software developers create robot applications. [BSD]
- FFTW - A C library for computing the DFT in one or more dimensions. [GPL]
- GSL - GNU scientific library. [GPL]
- TileDB - Fast Dense and Sparse Multidimensional Array DBMS. [MIT] website
- Trilinos - High performance PDE solvers. [BSD]
- Torch - A scientific computing framework with wide support for machine learning algorithms that puts GPUs first. [BSD-3-Clause] website
- Boost.Python - A C++ library which enables seamless interoperability between C++ and the Python programming language. [Boost]
- cppimport - Import C++ files directly from Python! [MIT]
- CppSharp - Tools and libraries to glue C/C++ APIs to high-level languages. [MIT]
- ChaiScript - An easy to use embedded scripting language for C++. [BSD] website
- ctypes.sh - A foreign function interface for bash. [MIT]
- Cython - Cython is an optimising static compiler for both the Python programming language and the extended Cython programming language (based on Pyrex). It makes writing C extensions for Python as easy as Python itself. [Apache] website
- djinni - A tool for generating cross-language type declarations and interface bindings. [Apache2]
- JavaCpp - The missing bridge between Java and native C++. [Apache2]
- libffi - A portable foreign-function interface library. [MIT] website
- Lua - A minimal and fast scripting engine for configuration files and basic application scripting. [MIT]
- LuaBridge - A lightweight, dependency-free library for binding Lua to C++. [MIT]
- luacxx - C++11 API for creating Lua bindings. [MIT]
- pybind11 - Seamless operability between C++11 and Python. [BSD]
- SIP - C or C++ Bindings Generator for Python v2 and v3. [GPL]
- sol2 - A C++ <-> Lua API wrapper with advanced features and top notch performance. [MIT]
- cereal - A C++11 library for serialization. [BSD]
- cppcodec - Header-only C++11 library to encode/decode base64, base32 and hex with consistent, flexible API. [MIT]
- FlatBuffers - A Memory efficient serialization library. [Apache2]
- MessagePack - Efficient binary serialization format "like JSON" for C and C++. [Apache2] website
- protobuf - Protocol Buffers - Google's data interchange format. [BSD]
- protobuf-c - Protocol Buffers implementation in C. [BSD]
- SimpleBinaryEncoding - encoding and decoding application messages in binary format for low-latency applications. [Apache2]
- upb - A small protobuf implementation in C. [BSD]
- YAS - Very fast Yet Another Serialization library supports the binary/text/json formats. [Boost]
- Timsort - A templated stable sorting function which outperforms quicksort-based algorithms including std::sort, for reversed or semi-sorted data. [MIT]
- libvpx - VP8/VP9 Codec SDK. [BSD]
- FFmpeg - A complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. [LGPL2/GPL2]
- libde265 - Open h.265 video codec implementation. [LGPL] website
- OpenH264 - Open Source H.264 Codec. [BSD] website
- Theora - A free and open video compression format. [BSD]
- Vireo - A lightweight and versatile video processing library by Twitter. [MIT]
- CarpVM - "interesting" VM in C. Let's see how this goes. [GPLv3]
- MicroPython - Aims to put an implementation of Python 3.x on a microcontroller. [MIT]
- TinyVM - A small, fast, lightweight virtual machine written in pure ANSI C. [MIT]
Web Application Framework
- Civetweb - Provides easy to use, powerful, C/C++ embeddable web server with optional CGI, SSL and Lua support. [MIT]
- CppCMS - A Free High Performance Web Development Framework (not a CMS). [LGPLv3]
- Crow - Crow is C++ micro web framework (inspired by Python Flask). [BSD]
- Cutelyst - A C++ Web Framework built on top of Qt, using the simple approach of Catalyst (Perl) framework. [LGPLv2.1+] website
- Kore - ultra fast and flexible web server / framework for web applications developed in C. [ISC]
- libOnion - lightweight library to help you create webservers in C programming language. [LGPLv3]
- lwan - Experimental, scalable, high performance HTTP server. [GPL2]
- Pistache - Pistache is a C++ REST framework written in pure C++11 with no external dependency. [Apache2]
- QDjango - A web framework written in C++ and built on top of the Qt library. Where possible it tries to follow django's API, hence its name. [LGPL]
- TreeFrog Framework - High-speed and full-stack web application framework based on C++ and Qt, which supports HTTP and WebSocket protocol (with O/R mapping). [BSD] website
- Wt - A C++ library for developing web applications. [GPL/Commercial]
XML is crap. Really. There are no excuses. XML is nasty to parse for humans, and it's a disaster to parse even for computers. There's just no reason for that horrible crap to exist. - Linus Torvalds
- Boost.PropertyTree - A property tree parser/generator that can be used to parse XML/JSON/INI/Info files. [Boost]
- Expat - An XML parser library written in C. [MIT]
- Libxml2 - The XML C parser and toolkit of Gnome. [MIT]
- libxml++ - An XML Parser for C++. [LGPL2]
- Mini-XML - A small XML parsing library written in ANSI C. [LGPL2 with exceptions]
- PugiXML - A light-weight, simple and fast XML parser for C++ with XPath support. [MIT]
- RapidXml - An attempt to create the fastest XML parser possible, while retaining useability, portability and reasonable W3C compatibility. [Boost]
- TinyXML - A simple, small, minimal, C++ XML parser that can be easily integrating into other programs. [zlib]
- TinyXML2 - A simple, small, efficient, C++ XML parser that can be easily integrating into other programs. [zlib]
- TinyXML++ - A completely new interface to TinyXML that uses MANY of the C++ strengths. Templates, exceptions, and much better error handling. [MIT]
- Xerces-C++ - A validating XML parser written in a portable subset of C++. [Apache2]
Useful libraries or tools that don't fit in the categories above or maybe just not categorised yet
- access_profiler - A tool to count accesses to member variables in c++ programs. [GPL3]
- American fuzzy lop a.k.a. afl-fuzz - Crazy fuzzing tool that automatically discovers bugs given time and minimal example input. [Apache2]
- Better Enums - Reflective enums (to string, iteration). Single header. [BSD] website
- Better String - An alternative to the string library for C which is more functional and does not have buffer overflow overrun problems. Also includes a C++ wrapper. [BSD, GPL2]
- Boost.Signals - An implementation of a managed signals and slots system. [Boost]
⚡️- Small, safe and fast formatting library for C++. [Simplified BSD]
- FastFormat - Fast, Safe C++ Formatting inspired by log4j and Pantheios [Simplified BSD]
- casacore - A set of c++ core libraries derived from aips++. [LGPL]
- QtVerbalExpressions - This Qt lib is based off of the C++ VerbalExpressions library. [MIT]
- c-smart-pointers - Smart pointers for the (GNU) C programming language. [MIT]
- cxx-prettyprint - A pretty printing library for C++ containers. [Boost]
- DynaPDF - An easy-to-use PDF generation library. [Commercial]
- gcc-poison - A simple header file for developers to ban unsafe C/C++ functions from applications.
- Kangaru - A dependency injection container for C++11 and C++14. [MIT]
- Klib - Small and lightweight implementations of common algorithms and data structures. [MIT]
- libsigc++ - A typesafe callback system for standard C++. [LGPL]
- libcpuid - A small C library for x86 CPU detection and feature extraction. [BSD]
- libevil - The Evil License Manager. [GPLv3]
- libnih - A lightweight library of C functions and structures. [GPL2.1]
- libusb - A universal USB library which allows for portable access to USB devices. [LGPL2]
- Mach7 - A Pattern-matching library for C++. [BSD]
- meta - Header-only, non-intrusive and macro-free runtime reflection system in C++. [MIT]
- pdqsort - Pattern-defeating quicksort. [zlib]
- PHP-CPP - A library to build PHP extensions with C++. [Apache2] website
- Remote Call Framework - Inter-process communication framework for C++. [GPL2/Commercial]
- Scintilla - A free source code editing component. [MIT]
- SDS - Simple Dynamic Strings library for C. [BSD]
- semver.c - A semver parser and render in ANSI C. [MIT]
- Serial Communication Library - Cross-platform, Serial Port library written in C++. [MIT]
- sigslot - C++ Signal/Slot Library. [PublicDomain]
- SimpleSignal - High performance C++11 signals. [PublicDomain]
- Stage - Mobile robot simulator. [GPL2]
- stdman Formatted C++11/14 stdlib man pages (from cppreference). [MIT]
⚡️- A range of single-file libraries for C/C++. [PublicDomain]
- StrTk - A C++ library consisting of high performance string processing routines. [MIT]
- Tulip Indicators - A C library of over 100 financial technical analysis indicators. [LGPL]
- ub-canaries - A collection of C/C++ programs that try to get compilers to exploit undefined behavior.
- value-category-cheatsheet A PDF cheatsheet for lvalues, rvalues, and the like. [Jank copyleft]
- VarTypes - A feature-rich, object-oriented framework for managing variables in C++ / Qt4. [LGPL]
- ZBar - A barcode scanner library, which allows to scan photos/images/video streams for barcodes and return their value. [LGPL2]
- ZXing - An open-source, multi-format 1D/2D barcode image processing library implemented in Java, with ports to other languages. [Apache]
Software for creating a development environment.
List of C or C++ compilers
- 8cc - A Small C Compiler.
- c - Compile and execute C "scripts" in one go! [MIT]
- Clang - A C compiler for LLVM. Supports C++11/14/1z C11. Developed by LLVM Team. [NCSA]
- GCC - GNU Compiler Collection. Supports C++11/14/1z C11 and OpenMP. [GNU GPL3]
- PCC - A very old C compiler. Supports C99.
- Intel C++ Compiler - Developed by Intel.
- LLVM - Collection of modular and reusable compiler and toolchain technologies.
- Microsoft Visual C++ - MSVC, developed by Microsoft.
- Open WatCom - Watcom C, C++, and Fortran cross compilers and tools. [Sybase Open Watcom Public License]
- Oracle Solaris Studio - C, C++ and Fortran compiler for SPARC and x86. Supports C++11. Available on Linux and Solaris. [OTN Developer License]
- TCC - Tiny C Compiler. [LGPL]
List of online C or C++ compilers
- codepad - An online compiler/interpreter, and a simple collaboration tool.
- coliru - Online compiler/shell with support for various C++ compilers.
- Compiler Explorer - An interactive compiler with assembly output available.
- CompileOnline - Compile and Execute C++ online on Linux.
- Ideone - An online compiler and debugging tool which allows you to compile source code and execute it online in more than 60 programming languages.
- repl.it - A powerful yet simple tools and platforms for educators, learners, and developers.
- Rextester - Online compiler which provides several compilers(Clang, GCC, MSVC) and several editors.
- Rise4Fun - Online Visual C++ compiler.
- Try It Online - TIO is a family of online interpreters for an evergrowing list of practical and recreational programming languages.
- Wandbox - An online Clang/GCC compiler with Boost available.
List of C or C++ debuggers
- Comparison of debuggers - A list of Debuggers from Wikipedia.
- GDB - GNU Debugger.
- LLDB - The LLDB Debugger.
- Metashell - An interactive template metaprogramming shell which includes the MDB metadebugger.
- Valgrind - A tool for memory debugging, memory leak detection, and profiling.
- x64dbg - An open-source x64/x32 debugger for windows.
Integrated Development Environment
List of C or C++ nominal IDEs.
- Anjuta DevStudio - The GNOME IDE. [GPL3]
- Cevelop - Cross-platform C and C++ IDE based on Eclipse CDT with additional plug-ins.
- CLion - Cross-platform C and C++ IDE from JetBrains.
- Code::Blocks - A free C, C++ and Fortran IDE.
- CodeLite - Another cross-plaform, free C and C++ IDE. [GPL2 with an exception for plugins]
- color_coded - A vim plugin for libclang-based highlighting. [MIT]
- Dev-C++ - A portable C/C++/C++11 IDE.
- Eclipse CDT - A fully functional C and C++ IDE based on the Eclipse platform.
- Geany - Small, fast, cross-platform IDE. [GPL]
- IBM VisualAge - A family of computer integrated development environments from IBM.
- Irony-mode - A C/C++ minor mode for Emacs powered by libclang.
- juCi++ - Cross-platform, lightweight C++ IDE with libclang integration. [MIT]
- KDevelop - A free, open source IDE.
- Microsoft Visual Studio - An IDE from Microsoft.
- NetBeans - An IDE for developing primarily with Java, but also with other languages, in particular PHP, C/C++, and HTML5.
- Qt Creator
- rtags - A c/c++ client/server indexer with for integration with emacs based on clang.
- Xcode - Developed by Apple.
- YouCompleteMe - YouCompleteMe is a fast, as-you-type, fuzzy-search code completion engine for Vim.
- cquery - A C++ code completion engine for vscode, emacs, vim, etc.
- Bazel - A multi-language, fast and scalable build system from Google. [Apache]
- Bear - A tool to generate compilation database for clang tooling. [GPLv3]
- cget - Cmake package retrieval used to download and install cmake packages. [Boost]
- clib - Package manager for the C programming language. [MIT]
- CMake - Cross-platform free and open-source software for managing the build process of software using a compiler-independent method. [BSD]
- C++ Archive Network - Cross-platform C++ Dependency Manager with a lot of packages available.
- Conan - C/C++ Package Manager, open sourced. [MIT]
- CPM - A C++ Package Manager based on CMake and Git.
- FASTBuild - High performance, open-source build system supporting highly scalable compilation, caching and network distribution.
- Hunter - CMake driven cross-platform package manager for C++. [BSD-2]
- MesonBuild - An open source build system meant to be both extremely fast, and, even more importantly, as user friendly as possible.
- Ninja - A small build system with a focus on speed.
- Scons - A software construction tool configured with a Python script.
- Sconsolidator - Scons build system integration for Eclipse CDT.
- Spack - A flexible package manager that supports multiple versions, configurations, platforms, and compilers. [Apache-2.0/MIT]
- tundra - High-performance code build system designed to give the best possible incremental build times even for very large software projects.
- tup - File-based build system that monitors in the background for changed files.
- Premake - A tool configured with a Lua script to generate project files for Visual Studio, GNU Make, Xcode, Code::Blocks, and more across Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Vcpkg - VC++ Packaging Tool for Windows.
- waf - Python-based framework for configuring, compiling and installing applications. [BSD] website
- XMake - A C/C++ cross-platform build utility based on Lua. [Apache]
Static Code Analysis
List of tools for improving quality and reducing defects by code analysis
- Cppcheck - A tool for static C/C++ code analysis. - source
- CppDepend - Simplifies managing a complex C/C++ code base by analyzing and visualizing code dependencies, by defining design rules, by doing impact analysis, and comparing different versions of the code.
- cpplint - A C++ style checker following Google's C++ style guide.
- PVS-Studio - A tool for bug detection in the source code of programs, written in C, C++ and C#.
- cpp-dependencies - Tool to check C++ #include dependencies (dependency graphs created in .dot format). [Apache]
- include-what-you-use - A tool for use with clang to analyze includes in C and C++ source files. website
- Infer - A static analyzer for Java, C and Objective-C. [BSD]
- OCLint - A static source code analysis tool to improve quality and reduce defects for C, C++ and Objective-C. - source
- Clang Static Analyzer - A source code analysis tool that finds bugs in C, C++, and Objective-C programs.
- Linticator - Eclipse CDT integration of Pc-/FlexeLint.
- List of tools for static code analysis - A list of tools for static code analysis from Wikipedia.
Coding Style Tools
- ClangFormat - A tool to format C/C++/Obj-C code.
- Clang-Tidy - Clang-based C++ linter tool.
- Uncrustify - Code beautifier.
Various resources, such as books, websites, and articles for improving your C++ development skills and knowledge.
Fantastic C++ related articles.
- CppCon 2018 Presentation Materials - CppCon 2018 Presentation Materials.
- CppCon 2017 Presentation Materials - CppCon 2017 Presentation Materials.
- CppCon 2016 Presentation Materials - CppCon 2016 Presentation Materials.
- CppCon 2015 Presentation Materials - CppCon 2015 Presentation Materials.
- CppCon 2014 Presentation Materials - CppCon 2014 Presentation Materials.
- C++Now 2018 Presentations - Presentation materials presented at C++Now 2018.
- C++Now 2017 Presentations - Presentation materials presented at C++Now 2017.
- C++Now 2016 Presentations - Presentation materials presented at C++Now 2016.
- C++Now 2015 Presentations - Presentation materials presented at C++Now 2015.
- C++Now 2014 Presentations - Presentation materials presented at C++Now 2014.
- C++Now 2013 Presentations - Presentation materials presented at C++Now 2013.
- C++Now 2012 Presentations - Presentation materials presented at C++Now 2012.
Fantastic C or C++ related books.
- List of Free C or C++ Books
- Free C Books - vhf/free-programming-books/C.
- Free C++ Books - vhf/free-programming-books/C++.
- cppbestpractices - Collaborative Collection of C++ Best Practices.
- C++ Core Guidelines - "Official" set of C++ guidelines, reviewed by the author of C++.
- C++ Dos and Don'ts - The Chromium Projects > For Developers > Coding Style > C++ Dos and Don'ts.
- google-styleguide - Style guides for Google-originated open-source projects.
- Google C++ Style Guide
- GNU Coding Standard
- Linux kernel coding style
- LLVM Coding Standards
- CppCast - The first podcast by C++ developers for C++ developers.
- CppCon Talks
⚡️- The C++ conference.
- Quick game development with C++11/C++14 - CppCon 2014 talk by Vittorio Romeo.
- Presentation on Hana for C++Now 2015
Fantastic C or C++ related videos.
- List of C or C++ YouTube Videos
- Awesome C Programming Tutorials in Hi Def [HD] - A collection of detailed C Programming Language Tutorials for Beginners and New Programmers.
- C++ - by VoidRealms.
- C++ Qt Programming - by VoidRealms.
- C++ Programming Tutorials Playlist - TheNewBoston Official Buckys C++ Programming Tutorials Playlist.
- C++ Programming Tutorials from thenewboston - These are all of thenewboston's C++ programming tutorials.
- C++ GUI with Qt Playlist - Official Playlist for thenewboston C++ GUI with Qt tutorials.
- C Programming Tutorials - All of TheNewBoston's C programming tutorials are right here.
- Bo Qian's playlist - Boost Library, C++ Standard Library, Modern C++, Advanced C++, Advanced STL, ...
Useful C or C++ related websites.
- Standard C++
⚡️- News, Status & Discussion about Standard C++.
- CppCon - The C++ Conference.
- C++ reference - C++98, C++03, C++11, C++14 reference.
- cplusplus.com - The C++ Resources Network.
- C FAQ - C frequently asked questions.
- C++ FAQ - C++ frequently asked questions.
- C++ FQA Lite - C++ frequently questioned answers.
- Guru of the Week - A regular series of C++ programming problems created and written by Herb Sutter.
- Meeting C++
- C++ Quiz - C++ quiz in which you propose to find errors in code fragments of open source projects.
- Udemy C++ Courses and Tutorials
- C++ Hints - Every business day hints about most often C++ mistakes and ways to solve them from PVS-Studio Team.
- C++ tutorial - A user ranked online tutorial bank site displaying multiple courses to learn C++ from.
Useful C or C++ related weblogs.
- Coding For Speed - Coding For Speed DOT COM, Less Execution Time.
- Eric Niebler
- Sticky Bits
- Paul Fultz II's Blog
- ridiculousfish - Will It Optimize?
- Embedded in Academia
Other Awesome Projects
Collection of useful codes, snippets, ...
- algorithms - Algorithms & Data Structures in C++.
- c-algorithms - C algorithms library.
- C++ Awesome Pack - Contains some awesome c++ codes, packed in one.
Other Awesome Lists
Other amazingly awesome lists
- lists - List of (awesome) lists curated on GitHub.
- awesome-awesomeness - A curated list of awesome awesomeness.
⚡️- A curated list of awesome lists.
- C++ links - A categorized list of C++ resources.
- Awesome C++ - getAwesomeness()'s mirror.
- Awesome C++ - LibHunt's mirror.
- Awesome C 1
- Awesome C 2
- AwesomePerfCpp - A curated list of awesome C/C++ performance optimization resources.
- free-programming-books - List of Freely Available Programming Books.
- Inqlude - The Qt library archive.
- papers-we-love - Papers from the computer science community to read and discuss.
- awesome-algorithms - A curated list of awesome places to learn and/or practice algorithms.
- awesome-talks - A lot of screencasts, recordings of user group gatherings and conference talks.
- Projects - A list of practical projects that anyone can solve in any programming language.
- Awesome interview questions - A list of lists of interview questions for the most popular technologies, including C and C++.
⚡️- List of single-file C/C++ libraries.
Please see CONTRIBUTING for details.