Clone this wiki locally
I’m happy to take suggestions for BigOldRailsTemplate – though I’m more likely to implement the things that matter to me. But if someone wants to submit a patch that incorporates other tools as options, great!
Appearance here is no guarantee that a feature will show up in the actual code, of course. Feel free to add your own suggestions. If you’re interested in owning any of these features, drop me a line .
- Rails 3 compatibility – ie, actually running the template under Rails 3. This does not currently work, though I have not investigated how extensive the breakage is.
Gems and plugins and other external bits
- LessCSS support
- Support for other Compass designs
- roles via hashdown? states?
- define mb_chars on array (self.join( ‘,’ ).mb_chars) so that roles are displayed by admin_data, instead of an error. (need to check whether this is still a problem)
- Selenium acceptance tests
- config merging
- Check dependencies and give nicer error messages – ie, if Piston is missing but configured for piston
- Automatically generate origin repo. Allow using GitHub or a private gitosis server.
- Fix problems with rake db:create:all
- “file sets”
- Generate shell script to install all gems on development box
- Other js choices? (mootools, yui …)
- Put back live_validations but make it optional