Freifunk Gateway Module
- Daniel Ehlers email@example.com
This module automates the configuration of a FFNord Freifunk Gateway, used for example in Kiel and Freifunk Nord. The idea is to implement the step-by-step guide on http://wiki.freifunk.net/Freifunk_Hamburg/Gateway with multi-community support and almost all other FFNord tools.
ffnord::mesh block will setup a bridge, fastd, batman, ntp, dhcpd, dns (bind9),
radvd, bird6 and firewall rules vor IPv4 and IPv6.
There are types for setting up monitoring, icvpn, anonymous vpn and alfred announcements.
A detailed instruction and an example puppet manifest can be found at:
- As usual, you should have configure the fully qualified domain name (fqdn) before running
this module, you can check this with
- The configured dns server only provides support for the root zone. Custom tlds are currently not supported.
- Bird6 must be reconfigured after a puppet run, otherwise the icvpn protocols are not available
- When touching the network devices on a rerun
namedshould be restarted.
- Bird IPv4 Route exchange
- Apply firewall rules automatially, when all rules are defined.
Basically this is a complete rewrite of the puppet scripts provided by the Freifunk Hamburg Community.