Table of Contents
Current branch: latest
For previous versions or newest releases see other branches.
Dockerfiles to build Jira
220.127.116.11- Latest: Upgrade - 8.1.2 -> 8.2.4;
18.104.22.168- Upgrade - 8.1.1 -> 8.1.2;
22.214.171.124- Upgrade - 8.1.0 -> 8.1.1;
126.96.36.199- Upgrade - 7.11.1 -> 8.1.0; Changed java to openjdk-188.8.131.52
184.108.40.206- Upgrade - 7.8.1 -> 7.11.1; Upgraded java to 8u181
220.127.116.11- Upgrade - 7.7.1 -> 7.8.1;
18.104.22.168- Upgrade - 7.3.8 -> 7.7.1; Upgraded java to 8u161
22.214.171.124- Upgrade - 7.2.3 -> 7.3.8; Upgraded java to 8u131
126.96.36.199- Fix on java cacerts pointing
188.8.131.52- Fix Startup Script
184.108.40.206- Upgraded java to 111 build 14
220.127.116.11- Upgraded to Jira 7.2.3
18.104.22.168- Added feature to copy the content of the conf dir after startup (to share the dir)
22.214.171.124- Some small fixes on the startup scripts
126.96.36.199- Jira 7.2.2
188.8.131.52- First version
Pull the image from docker hub.
docker pull ffquintella/docker-jira
Alternately you can build the image locally.
git clone https://github.com/ffquintella/docker-jira.git cd docker-jira ./build.sh
Just create a volume or share a host directory for /opt/jira-home and (optionaly) for the configuration dir jira uses.
You can also use the pre_run_cmd variable to determine commands to be pre-runned
This image doesn't use data volumes by default but you should configure /opt/jira-home to point to a data volume or to point to a folder in the local disk
No special users
Next ports are exposed
8080/tcp- default port
We use puppet as the default entry point to manage the environment
Jira is launched in background. Which means that is possible to restart jira without restarting the container.
It is recommended to specify
hostname for this image, so if you will recreate bamboo instance you will keep the same hostname.
The image is configured to use /etc/pki/tls/certs as the base ssl cert configuration. Java will use /etc/pki/tls/certs/java/cacerts as it's keychain.
If you want to add more certs to it ou can mount this file.
Basic configuration using Environment Variables
Some basic configurations are allowed to configure the system and make it easier to change at docker command line
- JAVA_HOME "/opt/java_home" - Java install dir
- JIRA_VERSION "8.2.4" - Version of jira
- JIRA_INSTALLDIR "/opt/jira"
- JIRA_HOME "/opt/jira-home"
- JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY 1024m - Java memory parameter, changing this is needed for larger installs
- ENV JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY 6144m - Java memory parameter, changing this is needed for larger installs
- FACTER_PRE_RUN_CMD "" - Command to be executed just before starting bamboo
- FACTER_EXTRA_PACKS "" - Packages to be installed at runtime (must be centos7 packages on the defaul repos or epel)
Upgrade from previous version
Basically stop your running container;
Docker pull latest version
Start a new instance with the new image (backup your data dir)
My thanks to the following
- Every one who worked building docker
- Github for the dvcs support
- Puppet guys for the great tool
- The guys at Voxpupuli for the great puppet module witch made this image so easier to create