- Pretty UI
- Runs automatically upon save (⌘S)
- Can be bypassed by pressing ⇧⌘S
- JSHint can be run by itself by pressing ^⇧L
- Output is only shown when errors are found
- Window is automatically closed when it looses focus
- Window with error list is closed when all errors are fixed and saved or checked again
- Uses custom JSHint options if
.jshintrcfound in current dir, TextMate project, or User Home
- Auto-updates itself to the latest version of JSHint
- Based on Node.js
Download the zip file and rename the
extracted folder to
You need Node.js and TextMate, that's all.
This bundle uses
#!/bin/env node to launch the node process. If you get a node - not found error, the
PATH variable is probably not setup properly in TextMate (this happens when you start TextMate via the Finder rather than from the command-line). Either add or extend the PATH variable in TextMate preferences to include path to node binary.
You can set the PATH either via Preferences → Variables or by editing
Example: When installed with homebrew, path to node is
/usr/local/bin/node. If jshint.tmbundle can't find executable node add
/usr/local/bin to existing TextMate PATH:
Consider including/updating a local copy of latest stable JSHint installed using node/npm instead of automatically downloading source files directly from JSHint repo.