Make sure you have followed the instructions correctly and read the README before asking anything.
- much more stable due to expanded memory mode and recent vitaGL changes;
- new launcher;
- support for more screen resolutions;
- slightly better performance;
- improved touch and analog controls;
- Counter-Strike support;
WARNING: This release is probably incompatible with savegames from Release 1, Release 2 and likely Release 3. If the game crashes after you die or when you load a save, delete your old saves.
- If you already had a previous release installed with the full version of Half-Life, redo only steps 2-4 from the list below.
- If you already had a previous release installed with Half-Life Uplink, remove the whole
xash3dfolder and reinstall everything from scratch. Make sure you re-download the Uplink archive.
- Copy the
valvedirectory from your Half-Life installation (preferably the Steam version, but WON or stuff like Day One probably works as well) to
ux0:/data/xash3d/on your Vita. If you don't have access to a Half-Life installation, you can use the data files from the free demo version of HL, Half-Life Uplink. In that case, just extract this archive to
ux0:/on your Vita.
ux0:/on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK.
- Run it. If you only have Uplink installed, make sure that you select
Half-Life Uplinkin the launcher.
Mods supported out-of-the-box
data.zip for this release includes game libraries for the following games/mods:
- Half-Life (and HL: Uplink)
- Half-Life: Blue Shift
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Counter-Strike (client only)
To install a game/mod, copy its data folder (
bshift for Blue Shift,
gearbox for Opposing Force,
cstrike for Counter-Strike) to
ux0:/data/xash3d/ without replacing files.
Any Half-Life mods that don't use custom code (no
dlls in the mod folder, e.g. USS Darkstar) are also supported. Most other mods that do have custom code (e.g. Team Fortress Classic) require porting of their game libraries to the Vita, however some work fine without their DLLs (They Hunger 1, CAGED, Afraid of Monsters).