Unsplash It Sketch Plugin
A plugin to quickly include great looking images from Unsplash in your Sketch projects. Because being able to quickly iterate on UI is important but also having great photography as placeholders is not that bad.
- Included a Settings dialog to set size multiplier for the image to fetch.
- Compatibility with the official plugin update system (test).
- Fixed all the compatibilty issues with Sketch 4.
- Switched to the Unsplash Source API.
- You can now specify tags, between square brackets, in the layer name. ( e.g. [bird, sea] ). If no image is available for the search tags you choose, you get a default image with "We coulnd' find that photo" on it.
- Removed options, since to blur and desaturate the image is fairly easy to do using default Sketch tools.
- With the layer selected, being able to navigate to the picture page URL on Unsplash.
- In the 'Catalog' tab of the Sketch Plugin Manager window, click in the 'Search' field and type 'Unsplash', to filter the list.
- You will see the 'Unsplash It' plugin listed at the top of the list. Click the 'Instal' button inside it.
With Sketch Toolbox
- Look for "Unsplash It" in Sketch Toolbox
- Click on "Install"
- Download Zip and Extract it to a folder
- In Sketch app Plugins > Reveal Plugins folder...
- Place the extracted folder directly to the Plugins folder
- Create one or more shapes and select them
- Run the plugin from the plugins menu or you can use the shortcut cmd + shift + u
- That's it, your shape(s) will become beautiful placeholder images
Name your layer according to the content of the image you need, using tags in square brackets. e.g. a layer named
Rectangle [food] would only fill with images of food.
Help me improve this plugin
To propose changes, fork the repository and submit a pull request. Thanks!
Reach out to @ManueleCapacci on Twitter