A curated list of awesome things related to the lnurl super-protocol for interaction between Lightning wallets and third-party services.
Readings about lnurl.
- The spec – The confusing, but honest, lnurl spec.
- lnurl-auth explained – Everything you always wanted
- lnurl-withdraw flow – One of those incomprehensible program action-data flows detailing how lnurl-withdraw takes place.
- lnurl-pay flow – Same as above, but for *lnurl-pay (doesn't include all features).
- Coindesk article – An honest report on lnurl.
- Beyond Coffee: Bitcoin for Every Day Use with LNURL – An insightful article with explanations and use cases.
Apps and services supporting lnurl in the wild.
- Bitrefill – Allows funding your account with lnurl.
- lntorub – Build reusable URLs that allow you to recharge Russian transport tickets, phones, send money to Russian debit cards and recharge Skype globally.
- lnbits – The LNURLp plugin allows anyone to generate lnurl payment codes and dispatch webhooks whenever a new payment comes in.
- Lightning Gifts – Create gifts without leaving your wallet by playing and replaying the basic gift lnurl.
- Etleneum – For all reusable method calls, with or without a fixed number of satoshis in them, you can grab an lnurl at the main contract page and replay it from your wallet later.
- Blixt's lnurl-pay chat – A simple chat you have to pay 10 satoshis to send an anonymous message directly from your wallet (the interface is just a QR code) as a proof-of-concept for lnurl-pay comments.
- tip.bigsun.xyz – Static donation lnurls that send money directly to your node, noncustodially. Ideal for street musicians.
- @lntxbot –
https://lntxbot.bigsun.xyz/@telegramusernameallows you to send money to anyone using a fixed lnurl. It can be printed and shared at will. It's basically an old-style address.
- zbd.gg – Mysterious page that allows you to send payments and comments for nothing.
- coinos – Allows you to fund your account with an lnurl.
- LNMarkets – lnurl is a private login option.
- Etleneum – The only supported login method is lnurl.
- Wheel of Fortune – Login with lnurl Instead of manually saving your key.
- coinos – Allows you to add multiple linking keys to the same account.
- A big collection of services allow you to withdraw your balances with lnurl: Etleneum, Paywall, Kriptode, lngames.net, LightningScratchAnd.win, Lightning Gifts, LNMarkets, Stekking, Microlancer.
- And also exchanges: GraafOne on Canada and SouthXchange on Argentina.
- ZEBEDEE – The REST API for game developers and Unity SDK automatically generates lnurl links that allow players to easily withdraw sats from the game.
- Bitcoin Bounce – Play for free and win satoshi prizes. lnurl is the only way to redeem.
- LNPay.co – Provides static lnurl rechargeable faucets you can print, email or easily embed!
- @arcbtc's TheFossa – A DIY ATM machine that eats coins and spits out sats.
- coinos – Allows you to issue lnurl vouchers.
- lnbits – The LNURLw plugin allows anyone to generate lnurl vouchers.
- LightningCashback – A POS system that prints lnurl QR codes containing your change in receipts (fiat onramp?).
- @21isenough's LightningATM – A DIY ATM machine that eats coins and spits out sats.
- Bleskomat – The offline Lightning Network ATM - device source code, lnurl server implementation, and build instructions included.
- @lntxbot – You can extract your balance from the Telegram bot to another wallet with lnurl, or even share withdraw codes so you can physically pay friends.
- LNURLProxyAPI – Allows you to issue noncustodial lnurls from your own home node, wait until someone tries to redeem them and pay the invoice. Like lightning.gifts, but noncustodial.
- Rewards to Bitcoin – Android app that lets you cash out Play Store balance with lnurl
- LNBIG – Get free inbound channels on your mobile wallet from this mysterious entity.
- Bitrefill's Thor – Buy a reliable incoming channel from this super liquid node, or get a turbo channel from which you can spend immediately.
- bifrost – A self-hosted lnurl-powered invite-based channel-opening service.
- lnch-vekslak – Your self-hosted Thor. Allows you to sell or open channels with people in the streets (make sure to read and edit the code before using or you'll pay a high price).
Some wallets that support lnurl.
|Wallet of Satoshi|
¹=the fallback scheme is defined on the first page of the LNURL specifications. It allows to embed an bech32-encoded LNURL string into a normal Web-URL so that for example a LNURL QR code can be opened on every smartphone as a fallback with a normal web browser (if a specialised wallet app is not installed yet). Every LNURL supporting wallet should be able to parse such Web-URLs for bech32-encoded LNURL strings - it easy to implement and just requires a handfull of additional lines of code.
Integrate lnurl in projects and services.
- go-lnurl – lnurl helper structs, encode/decode, verify signatures, misc helpers.
- lnurl-node – CLI tool and lnurl server in Node.js.
- passport-lnurl-auth – Passport strategy that uses lnurl-auth
- php-lnurl – Easy PHP encoding and decoding of bech32 lnurls.
- python-lnurl – Tools for dealing with lnurl in Python.
- lnurl-ruby – A gem that provides helpers to work with lnurl from Ruby.
- lnurl-rust – Rust helpers for lnurl.
- lnurl.net – Library for lnurl in C#. Provides lnurl-auth helpers.
- dart_lnurl – Library for lnurl in Dart.
Stuff for learning, using and playing with lnurl.
- lnurl codec – Easily encode and decode lnurls.
- lnurl-toolbox – A web interface with tools for testing and integrating lnurl.
- SeedAuth – A JS app that allows you to login to lnurl-auth services using just a username and password.
- lnurl playground – A simple tool that allows you to try and see how your wallet interacts with an lnurl server.
- SeedAuthExtension – A Chrome & Firefox extension that allows you to login to lnurl-auth services using just a username and password.
Please contribute! Open an issue or a PR and we’ll discuss it or merge it. If you’re opening a PR, please ensure all formatting is ok (if you’re in a hurry just open an issue).