Cura plugin which enables printing directly to OctoPrint and monitoring the progress.
OctoPrint is a registered trademark. For more information about OctoPrint, see octoprint.org.
This plugin started out as a fork of the UM3NetworkPrinting plugin
The plugin is available through the Cura Marketplace as the OctoPrint Connection plugin
Download or clone the repository into
[Cura configuration folder]/plugins/OctoPrintPlugin.
The configuration folder can be found via Help -> Show Configuration Folder inside Cura.
How to use
- Make sure OctoPrint is up and running, and the discovery plugin is not disabled
- In Cura, add a Printer matching the 3d printer you have connected to OctoPrint
- Select "Connect to OctoPrint" on the Printers pane of the preferences.
- Select your OctoPrint instance from the list and enter the API key which is available in the OctoPrint settings, or push the "Request..." button to request an application key from the OctoPrint instance.
- Press the "Connect" button to connect the printer in Cura with the OctoPrint instance.
- From this point on, the print monitor should be functional and you should be able to switch to "Print to Octoprint" in the lower right of the Cura window.
The OctoPrint Connection plugin has special support for the following OctoPrint plugins:
Support for including a thubmnail of the model along with the gcode.
PSU Control, TP-Link Smartplug, Orvibo S20, Wemo Switch, Tuya Smartplug, Domoticz, Tasmota, MyStrom Switch, IKEA Trådfri
Support turning on the printer before sending a print job to OctoPrint.
Support for multiple cameras in the monitor view.
Delay starting the print until after gcode analysis is done.
Notes on UltiGCode (Ultimaker 2/Ultimaker 2+)
The Ultimaker 2(+) family uses a flavor of GCode named UltiGCode. Unfortunately printing using UltiGCode flavor does not work when printing over the USB connection. That is why using OctoPrint does not work with UltiGCode flavor.
This plugin contains a submodule/copy of the following dependecies:
zeroconf as maintained by jstasiak.
Python-zeroconf is licensed under the LGPL-2.1
The module is included in the OctoPrintPlugin to replace the version that ships with older versions of Cura because that version has bugs.
ifaddr as maintained by pydron.
ifaddr is licensed under the MIT license.
The module is included in the OctoPrintPlugin because it is a dependency of python-zeroconf and it is not included with older versions of Cura