This is a fork of the niftools.org 3ds max nif importer-exporter. I am only building and releasing as a courtesy to the community and do not plan on maintaining it much as the multi-year gap in releases should indicate.
The plugin currently consists of an exporter, importer and a miscellaneous properties (Collision, Dismemberment, Furniture Markers) for 3ds Max and gmax for read and writing Gamebryo/Netimmerse related files and specifically targeted at Skyrim.
A wiki for the 3ds Max plugins is available at:
While all versions have been compiled, only 3ds Max 2012, 2015 and 3ds Max 2016 have received any testing as I do not wish to install all old versions.
If the old versions do not work it would be good to know so they can be removed.
- Switched to Visual Studio 2015 VC++ Compiler
- Add preliminary Fallout 4 support
- Add 3ds Max 2015,2016 support. Support for prior releases no longer maintained.
- Fixed BSDismemberSkin Modifier on 64-bit versions
- Move Environment map to Reflection from Specular, Dispacement to Displacement
Channel from Reflection on standard shaders
- Port select changes from blabba and Ehamloptiran
- Added support for nameless bones (some skeletons lack names and do not import)
- Added initial import support for CompressedMeshShapeData
- Added Particle import from Ehamloptiran
- Fixed Embedded Animation for skyrim
- Fix errors on environment map export
- Change defaults on exporting to reduce number of changes required in nifskope
- Change Texture Clamp mode defaults
- Bind SLSF flags to settings in dialog