This plugin is made as complement of WooThemes' testimonials-by-woothemes plugin. WooThemes' plugin covers most basic things needed in displaying testimonial, but it has no feature to accept visitor's testimonial. I googled but don't find anything suitable for my need, so i built it myself.
How to use this plugin:
- Install testimonials-by-woothemes plugin
- Install testimonials-submission
- Put the shortcode
[testimonials_submission]on the page / post's editor or put
testimonials_submission();on the location you want on your theme.
Now you can try submitting your testimonial. This plugin follows these steps (no option available for the time being):
- The page which contains
- Visitor submits his/her testimonial. These three fields are mandatory: name, email, testimonial. Visitor should check his/her email for verification link.
- The testimonial is added to wp_post as testimonial post_type and submission post_status
- Visitor clicks the verification link on his/her email and redirected to thank you page. Testimonial is updated to draft post_status, and notification email is sent to email which is used on Dashboard > Settings > General
- Administrator can later decide whether the plugin should be published, edited, or trashed.
- Initial Public Release
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to:
Free Software Foundation, Inc. 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.