A polyfill re-enabling multitouch functionality on Android 2.x HTML 5 apps
This piece of code is for you, if
- you want to develop an HTML5 app
- you'd like to track more than one fingertap action ("touch events")
- you want it to work on more pre-Android-3-phones
Compile the project or just start the included apk in the /bin directory. The Demo app includes a slightly modified version of the scripty2 Touchspector to visualise your touches, as well as links to Online MultiTouch examples.
Enabling multitouch for own projects
- Import src/com/changeit/wmpolyfill/WebClient.java into your project
WebViewClientof the WebView that you want enable multitouch on to a new Instance of the
WebClient wmp = new WebClient() webview.setWebViewClient( wmp );
To see the command in full context refer to src/com/changeit/wmpolyfill/MainActivity.java
Enabling Multitouch in Phonegap projects (inside your Droidgap Activity Class)
- see step 1. above, and additionally import src/com/changeit/wmpolyfill/PhonegapWebClient.java into your project
After calling loadUrl in your DroidGap-Activity, replace the default
CordovaWebViewClientof the appView object with an instance of
super.loadUrl("http://myawesome.app.com"); ... PhonegapWebClient wmp = new PhonegapWebClient(this, appView); appView.setWebViewClient(wmp);
Please note that at this stage this workaround hasn't been reviewed by any members of the PhoneGap community. Any problems / feedback regarding WMP + Phonegap is kindly to be reported at https://github.com/Philzen/cordova-android-multitouch-polyfill/issues, where a merge of WMP into phonegap is planned, once WMP is tested and mature enough.
- Boolean polyfillAllTouches (default: true) If true, all touches on the webview (including natively working touches be intercepted and emulated in the polyfill. NOTE: No worries - the polyfill won't interfere with any touches if the API Level is 11 or higher (Android 3+)
- int maxNativeTouches (default: 1) If polyfillAllTouches is set to false, this is the number of touches already working out-of-the-box and therefore will not be interfered with
Please visit https://github.com/Philzen/WebView-MultiTouch-Polyfill/wiki for further information and ongoing development updates.
The author of this repository strongly sympathises with the "Non-Military Use Only" Licence model. However, since it poses a logical contradiction of the open source definition, all rights are hereby granted under the Apache licence:
Copyright 2012 github.com/Philzen et. al. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.