Buccaneer is a static site generator, written in Python.
- Write your weblog entries directly with your editor of choice (textmate, sublime, vim, emacs,...) in reStructuredText or Markdown
- Buccaneer is build with multilingual, multisite capabilities
- Buccaneer started out as a fork of the famous Pelican tool
- Completely static output is easy to host anywhere
- Features are plugable due to improved plugin mechanism
Buccaneer currently supports:
- Blog articles, pages, parts (for single page websites)
- Theming support (themes are created using Chameleon or Jinja2 templates)
- Publication of articles, pages, and parts in multiple languages to multiple sites
- Hosting on Amazon AWS (S3, Cloudfront, Route 53) (optional)
- Import from WordPress, Dotclear, or RSS feeds
- Integration with external tools: Discuss, Twitter, Google Analytics, etc. (optional)
- Fast rebuild times thanks to content caching and selective output writing.
You can access the source code at: https://github.com/finklabs/buccaneer The refactoring focused on improving testablility and maintainability.