Code of Conduct
As a member of the FinOps Foundation I will:
- Contribute proactively to the FinOps Foundation
- Demonstrate commitment to best practices and continual improvement of the industry
- Aim to bring long-term benefits to the industry, rather than short-term advantage for individuals and/or your company
- Show respect for the diverse range of people and cultures with whom I work and for their human rights
- Not be involved in corrupt, unethical or illegal practices, bribery, discrimination or similar improper behaviour
- Refrain from making representations (media, government, other) on behalf of the FinOps Foundation without approval
- Act ethically and with integrity, decency and respect for the community and it's members
- Perform and comply with any variation or amendments to the Code of Conduct made at any time by the FinOps Foundation
We are committed to making participation in this project a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of level of experience, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or nationality.
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery
- Personal attacks
- Trolling or insulting/derogatory comments
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as physical or electronic addresses, without explicit permission
- Other unethical or unprofessional conduct.
All people are expected to treat others with respect and consideration. Generally, unethical, unlawful, unsafe, or other conduct that is otherwise inconsistent with FinOps Foundation's rules and policies, or that violates local, state or federal law is unacceptable. If we believe that you are not complying with this Code of Conduct, the matter will be carefully reviewed and the appropriate action will be taken.
No Sales Pitches
FinOps Foundation is about sharing industry best practices, identifying the challenges that cloud poses and solutions that address them. While your products, tooling and business offerings may assist in solving some of these challenges we do not condone sales pitches. Unless there is a specific request about a product you are involved with, you should not continue to interject your offerings into conversation.
Adding negative comments or viewpoints to the conversation about your competitor's offerings will also not be accepted. We would like to keep the conversation positive and on point.
If you witness or are subjected to inappropriate behavior, or have concerns related to this Code of Conduct, please promptly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.