Cyclone is a web server framework for Python, that implements the Tornado API as a Twisted protocol.
See http://cyclone.io for details.
Cyclone is listed in PyPI and can be installed with pip or easy_install. Note that the source distribution includes demo applications that are not present when Cyclone is installed in this way, so you may wish to download a copy of the source tarball as well.
Download the latest release from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/cyclone
tar zxvf cyclone-$VERSION.tar.gz cd cyclone-$VERSION sudo python setup.py install
The Cyclone source code is hosted on GitHub: https://github.com/fiorix/cyclone
Cyclone runs on Python 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7, and requires:
- Twisted: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads
- pyOpenSSL: https://launchpad.net/pyopenssl (only if you want SSL/TLS)
On Python 2.5, simplejson is required too.
Cyclone should run on any Unix-like platform, although for the best performance and scalability only Linux and BSD (including BSD derivatives like Mac OS X) are recommended.
Thanks to (in no particular order):
Nuswit Telephony API
- Granting permission for this code to be published and sponsoring
- Testing and using on RestMQ https://github.com/gleicon/restmq
- Patching setup.py and PyPi maintenance
- Fixing auth bugs and adding current Tornado's features
- Syncing code with Tornado and security features/fixes
Silas Sewell https://github.com/silas
- Syncing code and minor mail fix
Twitter Bootstrap https://github.com/twitter/bootstrap
- For making our demo applications look good
Dan Griffin https://github.com/dgriff1
- WebSocket Keep-Alive for OpDemand
Toby Padilla https://github.com/tobypadilla
- WebSocket server
Jeethu Rao https://github.com/jeethu
- Minor bugfixes and patches
Flavio Grossi https://github.com/flaviogrossi
- Minor code fixes and websockets chat statistics example
Gautam Jeyaraman https://github.com/gautamjeyaraman
- Minor code fixes and patches
- Minor patches