Pecona Live '12 presentation on Percona Toolkit
This is just a plain text file, but you can generate a PDF slide deck exporting from org-mode to latex using beamer.
This blog post explains how to set up org-mode for this: http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/10/writing-presentations-with-org-mode-and.html
Percona Toolkit is a collection of command-line tools designed to help MySQL DBAs perform diagnostic and maintenance tasks more efficiently. This session will begin by discussing some of the problems that are harder to solve in MySQL than in other RDBMS. We'll then review each problem case and present a Percona Toolkit tool that can help solve it, concluding with a review of upcoming changes in MySQL development that may simplify the resolution of some of the described problem cases. Attendees will leave this talk with a good understanding of what operational and troubleshooting problems are specially difficult to solve today with MySQL, and how Percona Toolkit can help in those cases.
- Percona Toolkit: http://www.percona.com/software/percona-toolkit/
- Individual scripts: http://www.percona.com/get/
- Webinar -> Zero downtime schema changes: http://www.percona.com/webinars/2012-05-02-zero-downtime-schema-changes-in-mysql/
- Webinar -> Verifying replication integrity: http://www.percona.com/webinars/2012-01-18-verifying-replication-integrity-with-percona-toolkit/
- Webinar -> Diagnosing intermitten problems: http://www.percona.com/webinars/2011-09-06-diagnosing-intermittent-mysql-problems/
- White Paper -> Goal driven performance optimization: http://www.percona.com/about-us/mysql-white-paper/goal-driven-performance-optimization/
- Method R: http://method-r.com/faq/35-what-is-method-r
- Blog post -> upgrading MySQL: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2010/01/05/upgrading-mysql/