Crashlytics Slack Notifier
Identify important conversion workflows in your app, so that when a new issue is reported in that workflow via Crashlytics, a slack notification will be sent to a specific channel on Slack. This will allow you to react quicker to crashes that impact important conversion workflows of your app.
Crashlytics is a crash reporter for Firebase.
Note: This assumes that you have Crashlytics in Firebase. Learn more about Crashlytics
Setting up the sample
Create and setup the Firebase project:
- Create a Firebase project using the Firebase Developer Console.
- Enable Billing on your Firebase the project by switching to the Blaze plan, this is currently needed to be able to perform HTTP requests to external services from a Cloud Function.
- Include Crashlytics in your project.
Configuring the sample
- Clone or download this repo and open the
- You must have the Firebase CLI installed. If you don't have it, install it with
npm install -g firebase-toolsand then configure it with
- Configure the CLI locally by using
firebase use --addand select your project in the list.
npmdependencies in the functions directory locally, by running:
cd functions; npm install;
Setting up an Incoming Slack Webhook
- Set up an incoming webhook integration in your Slack team. Take note of the Webhook URL.
- Config and set the environment variable for the webhook URL:
firebase functions:config:set slack.webhook_url="https://hooks.slack.com/services/...
Deploy and test
- Deploy your project using
- Simulate a test crash. Instructions
We'd love that you contribute to the project. Before doing so please read our Contributor guide.
© Google, 2017. Licensed under an Apache-2 license.