Firebase SDK for Cloud Functions Quickstart - Cloud Firestore
This quickstart demonstrates using Firebase SDK for Cloud Functions setup with a Cloud Firestore.
This sample app does two things:
- Create messages in Cloud firestore using a simple HTTPS request which is handled by an HTTPS Firebase Function. Writing to Cloud Firestore is done using the Firebase Admin SDK.
- When a message gets added in the Cloud Firestore, a Firebase Function triggers and automatically makes these messages all uppercase.
Deploy and test
To deploy and test the sample:
- Create a Firebase project on the Firebase Console
- Install the required dependencies by running
npm installin the
- Deploy your project's code using
- Create a message by opening the following URL in your browser: https://us-central1-[MY_PROJECT].cloudfunctions.net/addMessage?text=uppercaseme (Replace [MY_PROJECT] by your project ID and you can change the message "uppercaseme").
You should see your text value displayed in the console and uppercase.
We'd love that you contribute to the project. Before doing so please read our Contributor guide.
© Google, 2016. Licensed under an Apache-2 license.