Create Stripe customers and charge them on RTDB write
This sample shows how to create Stripe customers and charge them when the Realtime Database is written to.
- Stripe Node API: https://stripe.com/docs/api/node
- Firebase SDK: https://firebase.google.com/docs/functions
See file functions/index.js for the code.
The dependencies are listed in functions/package.json.
Deploy and test
To test this integration:
- Create a Firebase Project using the Firebase Developer Console
- Enable billing on your project by switching to the Blaze or Flame plan. See pricing for more details. This is required to be able to do requests to non-Google services.
- Enable Google sign on your Firebase project
- Install Firebase CLI Tools if you have not already and log in with
- Configure this sample to use your project using
firebase use --addand select your project.
- Install dependencies locally by running:
cd functions; npm install; cd -
- Add your Stripe API Secret Key to firebase config:
firebase functions:config:set stripe.token=<YOUR STRIPE API KEY>
- Optional: change your default currency
firebase functions:config:set stripe.currency=GBP
- Pass your Stripe publishable key to the
- Deploy your project using
- Test your Stripe integration by viewing your deployed site
firebase open hosting:site