WebSocket monitor is an extension to Firefox developer tools that can be used to monitor WebSocket connections in Firefox. It allows inspecting all data sent and received.
See Home Page for more details
This is the source code, the extension can be downloaded here.
- Install the extension
- Open a browser tab and developer tools toolbox on it (F12)
- Select the
Web Socketstoolbox panel
- Initiate WebSocket connection on the page and exchanges some messages.
- Check out content of the
You might want to check out online demo page
Hacking on WebSocket Monitor
sudo npm install -g jpm
Get the WebSocketMonitor repo:
git clone https://github.com/firebug/websocket-monitor.gitand install its dependencies via
jpm run -b <file path to your Firefox binary> --binary-args 'http://janodvarko.cz/test/websockets/'in the source directory to launch Firefox, which automatically creates a clean profile and launches the demo page.
If you wish to run it with an existing profile, first create a new profile via the Profile Manager, and then run
jpm run -b <file path to your Firefox binary> -p <path to your Firefox profile (needs to start with /)>.
- Add-on SDK: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK
- DevTools API: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/DevToolsAPI
- DevTools/Hacking: https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevTools/Hacking