Firefly III is pretty feature packed. Some important stuff first:
- It is completely self-hosted and isolated, and will never contact external servers until you explicitly tell it to.
- It features a REST JSON API that covers almost every part of Firefly III.
- There are many translations available.
- All pages feature help texts and support popups.
The most exciting features are:
- Create recurring transactions to manage your money
- Rule based transaction handling with the ability to create your own rules
- Import data from external systems
- Spectre (offering thousands of connected banks)
- CSV files
Then the things that make you go "yeah OK, makes sense".
- A double-entry bookkeeping system
- You can store, edit and remove withdrawals, deposits and transfers. This allows you full financial management
- You can manage different types of accounts
- Asset accounts
- Shared asset accounts (household accounts)
- Saving accounts
- Credit cards
- Liabilities (loans, mortgages)
- It's possible to create, change and manage money using budgets
- Organize transactions using categories
- Save towards a goal using piggy banks
- Predict and anticipate bills
- View income and expense reports
- Organize expenses using tags
And the things you would hope for but not expect:
- 2 factor authentication for extra security
- Supports any currency you want, including crypto currencies such as ₿itcoin and Ξthereum
- There is a Docker image, a Sandstorm.io grain and an Heroku script.
- Lots of help text in case you don't get it
And to organise everything:
- Clear views that should show you how you're doing
- Easy navigation through your records
- Browse back and forth to see previous months or even years
- Lots of charts because we all love them
- If you feel you’re missing something you can just ask me and I'll add it!