Demo for fitting DNA replication fraction data
Origin and usage
- This repository contains a modified subset of the code used for Modeling genome‐wide replication kinetics reveals a mechanism for regulation of replication timing. Scott Cheng-Hsin Yang, Nicholas Rhind, and John Bechhoefer. Molecular Systems Biology 6:404 (2010).
- The code is good for fitting time-course replication fraction.
- Original fitting was done in Igor Pro 6 on Windows.
- The folder FasterMicroArrayFitFunc contains an implementation of the main fitting function in c. These were used for the genome-wide fit.
- In function fastfxt(...), the comment label "diff" marks new changes compare to original code.
- The following instructions have been tested only for an MIM fit to fake data on Igor Pro 7.0 (Mac).
- Download, install, and open Igor Pro.
- In Igor, Windows --> New --> Procedure. Copy the content of fit_microarray.txt into the procedure file. Click the Compile button.
- In Igor, Windows --> New --> Notebook. Copy the content of fit_notes.txt into the notebook file.
- Follow instructions in notebook.