Firemacs rewritten as a Web Extension. It is not ready for use yet. The Quantum update broke the API upon which the old version depended. The Web Extensions API is not as friendly to complete remapping of the keyboard to put it mildly. The absence of a Firemacs equivalent for Chome is probably evidence of this.
The old version of Firemacs still works with Firefox Extended Support Release. Installing Firefox ESR is probably not a permanent solution. But it will allow you to continue existing workflows for several months.
- Emacs-like keybindings for editing text.
- Tab manipulation compatible with the original Firemacs
- Works in Firefox and Chromium/Chrome
- The simpelest useful thing that might work.
- Eat the elephant one bite at a time.
- Minimize dependencies.
- Use Forking and Pull requests
- Fork this repository to your personal Github repository
- Make changes to that repository.
- Consider creating a branch.
- Create a Pull Request with your changes.
- Try to keep the Pull Requests small so that Merges are less likely to be complex.
- Strongly consider putting your changes in a branch that is not Master.
- Test in Firefox and Chrome/Chromium