This project holds the FirePHP Tool in the form of a Browser Extension compatible with:
- Mozilla Firefox - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions
- Google Chrome - https://developer.chrome.com/extensions
- Brave - (runs Google Chrome extensions)
Log from PHP to Browser Developer Tools via HTTP Response Headers.
- FirePHP (Wildfire based)
- Chrome Logger
For a list of supported server libraries see http://firephp.org.
- Firefox: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firephp
- Chrome & Brave: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/firephp/ikfbpappjhegehjflebknjbhdocbgkdi
- Firefox & Chrome unpacked (downloads do NOT auto-update)
Requirements (tested on macOS):
Build from source:
nvm use 14.2.0 npm install npm run build
Load unpacked Addon from
dist/firephp.build.*/ into Firefox, Chrome or Brave.
Run from source:
Status: DEV - The development experience is still work in progress!
nvm use 14.2.0 npm install npm run dev
Notes for build reviewers
- Releases for this extension are built using github.com/pinf-to/to.pinf.org.mozilla.web-ext.
- The tool provides a runtime framework for browser extensions as well as a build tool.
- The build is controlled by
- The following
./dist/firephp.buildfiles hold extension specific code and are built from
./srcby the build tool:
scripts/background.js- webext background.page code
scripts/devtools/dist/index.js- webext devtools_page code
scripts/devtools/dist/*.rep.*- generated from
- The following
./dist/firephp.buildfiles belong to the runtime framework and are generated by the build tool:
- The following
./dist/firephp.buildfiles are supporting libraries provisioned by the build tool:
- Increment major, minor, or patch version in
- To preview, push branch and verify build (will append
[<branch>]to extension name/version)
- To release, merge to master,
git tag v<version>and push (will build a release for distribution and upload to releases)
- Download releases
- Upload to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/
- Upload to https://chrome.google.com/u/2/webstore/devconsole
Copyright © 2016-2020 Christoph Dorn. Licensed under the Open Software License (OSL 3.0). Contributions must be licensed under the Academic Free License (AFL 3.0). Learn about the OSL & AFL Licenses here.
Open Software License (OSL) 3.0 You are free to: Use Commercially, Distribute, Modify, Use Patents, Use Privately Under the following terms: Disclose source, License and copyright notice, Network use is distribution, Same license You cannot: Use trademark, Hold liable, Claim warranty
Academic Free License (AFL) 3.0 You are free to: Use Commercially, Distribute, Modify, Use Patents, Use Privately Under the following terms: License and copyright notice You cannot: Use trademark, Hold liable, Claim warranty
Well-crafted Contributions are Welcome.
INTENDED USE: The Logic and Code contained within forms a Developer Tool and is intended to operate as part of a Web Software Development Toolchain on which a Production System operates indirectly. It is NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN HIGH-LOAD ENVIRONMENTS as there is little focus on Runtime Optimization in order to maximize API Utility, Compatibility and Flexibility.
If you need more than what is contained within, study the Code, understand the Logic, and build your Own Implementation that is API Compatible. Share it with others who follow the same Logic and API Contract specified within. This Community of Users may want to use Your Work in their own Software Development Toolchains.