What is this?
- FirePress_Attila — It’s a free and responsive Ghost theme (a template if you prefer) made for Ghost.
- Compatibility — This theme works on Ghost
- What is Ghost? — Ghost is an open source software that lets you create your website with a blog. See the FAQ section for more details.
play-with-ghost.com is a playground to learn about Ghost. You can see Ghost themes and login into the admin panel by using the available credentials. In short, you can try Ghost on the spot without having to sign-up!
- Live Demo ==> https://play-with-ghost.com/live-demo-firepress-attila-for-barbershops/
- Log in credentials ==> https://play-with-ghost.com/ghost-themes/firepress-attila-for-barbershops/
- Admin Panel ==> https://play-with-ghost.com/live-demo-firepress-attila-for-barbershops/ghost/
Why fork this Ghost Theme ?
- Enhancements — This theme has been enhanced to feature some elements that are not present in the original theme. IMHO, these are essential enhancements that are hard to live without:
- Buttons (unicorn UI)
- Icons (Font Awesome 5)
- Code Syntax (highlight.js)
- Grid (great to make pricing table)
- Drop-in replacement — No special tweaks to do. It will work out of the box.
- Code Injection — Take a look those snippets in this Git repo. It’s an easy way to customize your theme.
- Curated — This theme was carefully selected out of hundreds of Ghost Themes. See more of them in our Ghost-Theme-Curated-Collection repo, or by tags on Github.
- Responsive layout
- Navigation support
- Paralax cover images for posts, author archives and blog
- Author informations for posts and author archives
- Featured posts
- Reading progress for posts
- Automatic code syntax highlight and line numbers
- Disqus support
- Subscribers support
- Sharing buttons
To enable Disqus comments go to your blogs code injection settings and add
<script>var disqus = 'YOUR_DISQUS_SHORTNAME';</script> to your blog header.
Here’s how I suggest you go about proposing a change to this project:
- Fork this project to your account.
- Create a branch for the change you intend to make (i.e.
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request from your fork’s branch to our
- Explain why you’re making a change. Even if it seems self-evident, please take a sentence or two to tell us why your change or addition should happen. It’s especially helpful to articulate why this change applies to everyone who works with the applicable technology, rather than just you or your team.
- Please only modify one element per pull request. This helps keep pull requests and feedback focused on a specific project or technology.
Sources & Fork
- This Git repo is available at https://github.com/firepress-org/FirePress_Attila
- This project was forked from https://github.com/zutrinken/attila
- This fork is under the GNU license. Details at https://github.com/pascalandy/GNU-GENERAL-PUBLIC-LICENSE
- This theme is under the MIT license. Details at https://github.com/zutrinken/attila/blob/master/LICENSE
At FirePress we do one thing and we do it with our whole heart: we host fully managed Ghost’s websites. The idea behind FirePress is to empower freelancers and small organizations to be able to build an outstanding mobile-first website. Start your free trial here.
We offer workshops where participants ends up with a website/blog they can easily operate themselves. Details are coming soon. It is available in those cities:
- Montréal - Canada
- Québec City - Canada
- Toronto - Canada
- New-York - USA
Because we believe your website should speak up in your name, we consider our mission completed once your site has become your impresario.