Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
To download the source code for fish, we suggest the file named "fish-2.7.1.tar.gz". The file downloaded from "Source code (tar.gz)" will not build correctly. The SHA-256 sum of this file is
This release of fish fixes an issue where iTerm 2 on macOS would display a warning about paste bracketing being left on when starting a new fish session (#4521).
If you are upgrading from version 2.6.0 or before, please also review the release notes for 2.7.0 and 2.7b1 (included below).
The release notes for fish 2.7.0 are as follows:
Xcode builds and macOS packages could not be produced with 2.7b1, but this is fixed in 2.7.0.
The release notes for fish 2.7b1 are as follows:
- A new
cdh(change directory using recent history) command provides a more friendly alternative to prevd/nextd and pushd/popd (#2847).
- A new
argparsecommand is available to allow fish script to parse arguments with the same behavior as builtin commands. This also includes the
fish_opthelper command. (#4190).
- Invalid array indexes are now silently ignored (#826, #4127).
- Improvements to the debugging facility, including a prompt specific to the debugger (
fish_breakpoint_prompt) and a
status is-breakpointsubcommand (#1310).
uppersubcommands, for altering the case of strings (#4080). The case changing is not locale-aware yet.
string escapehas a new
url(#4150), and can be reversed with
- History can now be split into sessions with the
fish_historyvariable, or not saved to disk at all (#102).
- Read history is now controlled by the
fish_historyvariable rather than the
commandnow supports an
--allflag to report all directories with the command.
whichis no longer a runtime dependency (#2778).
- fish can run commands before starting an interactive session using the new
sethas a new
--showoption to show lots of information about variables (#4265).
Other significant changes
LINESenvironment variables are now correctly set the first time
fish_promptis run (#4141).
--no-filesoption works as intended (#112).
echo -hnow correctly echoes
-hin line with other shells (#4120).
exportcompatibility function now returns zero on success, rather than always returning 1 (#4435).
- Stop converting empty elements in MANPATH to "." (#4158). The behavior being changed was introduced in fish 2.6.0.
count --helpnow return 1 rather than produce command help output (#4189).
- An attempt to
readwhich stops because too much data is available still defines the variables given as parameters (#4180).
- A regression in fish 2.4.0 which prevented
pushd +1from working has been fixed (#4091).
- A regression in fish 2.6.0 where multiple
readcommands in non-interactive scripts were broken has been fixed (#4206).
- A regression in fish 2.6.0 involving universal variables with side-effects at startup such as
set -U fish_escape_delay_ms 10has been fixed (#4196).
- Added completions for:
- Lots of improvements to completions.
- Updated Chinese and French translations.