Simple module with a small number of functions:
- Reads an image file
- Reads an image file with multiple images. Currently, TIFF and STK (a TIFF sub-based format) support this function.
- Writes an image file
This grew out of frustration at current image loading solutions in Python, in either my packages [mahotas] or packages from others [scikits.image, for example].
The relationship with numpy is very contained and this could be easily repurposed to load images in other frameworks, even other programming languages.
To install on debian/ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install libpng12-dev libtiff4-dev libwebp-dev
To install on Mac:
sudo port install libpng tiff webp
Please report any bugs either on github or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not sure of whether this is the correct behaviour, you can discuss this on the pythonvision mailing list
If at all possible, include a small image as a test case.
- Fix imread_multi
- Add formatstr argument to imread
- Open files in binary mode on Windows (patch by Christoph Gohlke)
- Read-only support for LSM files
- Read-only support for XCF files (through xcf2png)
- Fix writing of non-contiguous images (at least PNG was affected)
- Add missing files to distribution
- Compile on MSVC++ (Patches by Christoph Gohlke)
- Support for WebP
- Support for 1-bit TIFFs
- Better error message
- Support for multi-page TIFF reading
- Experimental read-only support for STK files
- Support for PNG
- Support for TIFF
- Support for JPEG