A platform for installing multiple Prestashop instances easily for use in school classrooms. This software is one of the results of the project Fit for E-Commerce which is co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
Installation with Docker
- Make sure you have got Docker installed.
- Download the current release of Presta-Classroom from the release page
- Open the command line and go to the presta-classroom directory
- Enter the command
- You should now be running a webserver. Point your browser to localhost:8000 to access the Presta-Classroom installation.
Installation on an Apache Webserver
- Download the current release from the release page
- Upload the directory to your webserver
- Edit the
lib/config/config.ymlto match your configuration
- Edit the
.htaccessfile in the root folder and fix the base url
- Open your browser and go to the server address
- Open the root url of your PrestaClassroom installation.
- Download a Prestashop version for installation via the Download button.
- Configure the installation under via the Install button.
- Press Start and wait while the installation progresses.
Notes for Developers (just ignore)
Fixing issues with MAMP and cli installer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22188026/sqlstatehy000-2002-no-such-file-or-directory: ```sudo mkdir /private/var/mysql; cd /private/var/mysql && sudo ln -s /Applications/MAMP/tmp/mysql/mysql.sock`
Add access rights to user
GRANT CREATE USER, RELOAD on *.* TO presta WITH GRANT OPTION; GRANT CREATE USER, RELOAD on *.* TO presta@localhost WITH GRANT OPTION; flush privileges;
Info on installing Prestashop modules from the CLI: https://github.com/nenes25/prestashop_eiinstallmodulescli/blob/master/README.md
Error 500 when running Prestashop Installer on MAMP server:
[Sun Feb 10 15:28:54 2019] [error] [client ::1] FastCGI: comm with server "/Applications/MAMP/fcgi-bin/php7.2.8.fcgi" aborted: idle timeout (30 sec), referer: http://localhost:8888/classroom/public/install/execute [Sun Feb 10 15:28:54 2019] [error] [client ::1] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/Applications/MAMP/fcgi-bin/php7.2.8.fcgi", referer: http://localhost:8888/classroom/public/install/executeread here for fix: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24715426/how-do-you-increase-the-apache-fastcgi-timeout-on-mamp-mamp-pro
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.