Create markov chain ("_ebooks") accounts on Twitter.
The audience for this library is those with at least basic Python experience. Before you set this up, you'll need:
- A twitter account
- A twitter application (register at dev.twitter.com) with authentication keys for the account (read more)
- A text for the bot to learn from, which can be a text file or a Twitter archive. Several thousand lines are needed to get decent results, with fewer than 100 or so it won't work at all.
pip install twitter_markov, or download/clone the package and run
python setup.py install. Feel free to use a virtualenv, if you're into that.
Setting up a bot
See the docs for a complete guide to setting up an ebooks bot. Here are the basics:
- Create a app and authenticate it with your new Twitter account
- Create a corpus, a text file with one sentence or text per line
- Create a
- Set up a task to tweet and reply
Copyright 2014-2016, Neil Freeman. This software is available under the GPL 3.0. See LICENSE for more information.