Fit Open Code of Conduct
'Fit Open' strives to be an encouraging and safe space for all. We are individually and collectively committed to safety, inclusiveness, and excellence. We insist on full respect of all our members, our guests, their respective organisations, their source code, the organising team, our hosts and their property.
Participants violating this code of conduct may be expelled from events and/or our online community spaces at the discretion of the organisers/admin.
'Fit Open' endeavours to be a positive and safe space for all regardless of the following axes:
- Family status
- Gender identity or expression
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Physical appearance
- Body size & shape
- Native language
- Experience level
- Race and/or ethnicity
- National origin
- Socioeconomic status
- Education level
- Place of employment, membership, or affiliation
- Geographic location
- Any other dimension of diversity
As a participant of this community and events, you agree to:
- individually and collectively commit to safety and inclusivity.
- observe a zero tolerance for abuse, harassment, or discrimination.
- respect people’s boundaries and identities.
- refrain from using language that can be considered rude, divisory, or inappropriate.
- avoid using offensive topics as a form of humour.
- welcome participation from every size.
- not be rude or disrespectful.
- encourage people to learn, grow, thrive, and excel.
- welcome responsible and varied forms of expression.
- strive to resolve any disagreements for the best of the group.
- celebrate diversity of the collective.
- understand that this a collaborative space for the positive promotion of healthy human activities.
'Fit Open' is a collaborative space for participants across the globe to discover and celebrate outdoor fitness & endurance sports.
- NOT a space to manipulate or seek control others.
- NOT a place to flirt or behave in a sexual manner.
- NOT the audience to listen to your personal political views.
- NOT a space to sell your things or push your platform.
- NOT beholden to any external party.
- FOR the creation for the building, maintenance, and benefit of 'Fit Open' on behalf of its collective members.
- FOR action towards a registration as a social enterprise for the benefit of its collective members.
If you experience abuse, harassment, discrimination, or feel unsafe, please let an organiser/admin know ASAP. The matter will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
You can do this in person, via the event ticketing contact form, reporting content and individuals in Mastodon, or via organisers/admin contact information listed below.
'Fit Open' organisers/admin are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behaviour and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behaviour.
'Fit Open' organisers/admin have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct. This could include temporarily or permanently banning any person for any behaviours that organisers deem inappropriate, rude, threatening, offensive, or harmful, from the events and/or the online community.
The organising team and how to contact them:
- David Ross (Organiser)
- Mastodon: @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: fitopen at protonmail.com
- GPG Public Key: 0xe431f4dffbb85443
- Github: @bunnybooboo
'Fit Open' organisers and admin will observe the following escalation process once a matter is brought to our attention:
- NOTIFY - if reported matter is agreed to breach our Code of Conduct, notify the individual or group when they must cease the reported behaviour.
- BREATHE - provide an appropriate amount of time for the individual or group to change their behaviour.
- REMOVE - if content output is deemed to break our Code of Conduct, seek its timely removal.
- TIME OUT - if these steps have been taken and an individual or group persist the reported behaviour (or the behaviour is deemed highly offensive) we will temporarily suspend the account/s in question.
- BLOCK - as a final step in the escalation process we reserve the right to permanently block an individual or group from participating in our community.
This Code of Conduct was made possible through remixing of a variety of sources and my own work. In the respect of the Creative Commons licenses these works are published under please check the following original works used as our inspiration.