Plist Converter (v0.0.1)
Simple app to convert a Plist to CSV. Built with Electron.
How it works
- click Select Plist to open the file picker for you to find and select a .plist file on your computer.
- click Preview Data to display the plist data in table format within the app.
- click Export CSV to open the save sheet and choose a filename and save location to store the data in a csv file.
Development status & warnings
This app is in an early stage of development. I can not guarantee expected behaviour in the following areas in particular:
- Importing large plist files
- Converting plist files that do not easily translate to a standard csv format (i.e. header row, no errors)
- Saving large csv files
I'll be working on these areas and overall usability in the near term.
- electron-react-boilerplate – this was the starting point of this project. I've updated the boilerplate with a simplified 'hello, world' example and some other minor changes here: React Electron Starter.
- Flow Electron API
- Material Icons
Download the app package
Download the Plist Converter app package for Mac OSX from here.
Note: this app is unsigned. It will not open unless you update your security settings in System Preferences to allow apps downloaded from anywhere.
To get started...
Clone the repository or download the zipped directory into your project folder (if you copy the files manually make sure you don't lose the various
. config files).
Open Terminal window and
cd into your project folder.
npm install to install dependencies.
Run in development
npm run dev (note, I often need to refresh the page after the application has launched)
Run in production
npm run build && npm run start
npm run package (creates app package in releases directory)
Follow the link to React Electron Starter for more information on how to get started with this repository.