Belphanior Butler is a command and control program for a Belphanior home automation network.
- Remembers location of servants.
- Documentation for roles supported by servants.
- Creation of scripts in Ruby and Blockly scripting environments.
- Definition of simple command buttons for quick access to scripts.
- Support for the "commandable" servant role, so that other servants (such as the calendar watcher may trigger scripts in the butler.
Belphanior Butler is a Rails app that has been tested in development mode. To start, clone this repository and run the following in the cloned directory
bundle install # Installs the dependent gems rake db:migrate # Sets up the database script/backgroundrb start # Starts the servant watcher script/rails server --environment=development --port=3000 # Start the butler
The butler should now be running on localhost:3000. To test, navigate to localhost:3000 in your browser and you should see the control panel tab.
Belphanior butler has been tested on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (Kirkwood, on the SheevaPlug hardware platform).
Belphanior Butler is licensed under the Apache license 2.0. See the LICENSE file for more details.
For More Information
Consult the project home page.