Progressive web app for reading fresh news offline in the subway from various news sources. Open NewScraper 2.0 on your phone and add it to your homescreen to see the magic!
- Preact-JS Starter - For this awesome offline ready boilerplate. Preact Isn't that different from React, it only weighs 3KB!
- The News Api - Awesome news aggregation api. I'll definitely expand this app to take full advantage of the many sources here.
- Mercury Api - Amazing time saver, it goes and builds a readable version of whatever article you supply it. Think pocket/instapaper.
git cloneto clone this repo.
yarnif you're hip like me).
- Make sure you have the
NEWS_APIkeys in the file called
- If you're working on the worker, save your firebase-admin sevice account as
npm run watch
npm run build, this will spit out the production front-end in
distfor you to serve on static hosting.
- More news sources. √
- Loading bar because I'm masochistic? (I heard they were super hard.)
- Transitions between views.
- Refine service worker, to make it more reliable. √
- Style for iOS devices (Ew! But needed for dumb iPhone X).