cocos2d-x is a multi-platform 2D game framework in C++, branched on cocos2d-iphone and licensed under MIT. The master branch on github uses OpenGL ES 2.0 rendering, while the old gles11 branch uses OpenGL ES 1.1 rendering. Currently we focus on gles20 developmenet.
- iOS: stable, well tested on iOS 5.x ~ 6.x SDK.
- Android: stable, well tested on 2.0~4.x, ndk r5 ~ r8. If you use gles20 branch or cocos2d-x v2.0 above, only android 2.3 and higher are supported
- Windows Phone 8 and Win8 Metro: stable, it's in another repo http://github.com/cocos2d-x/cocos2dx-win8.
- Bada: cocos2d-x v1.x supports Bada SDK 1.0 & 2.0. Bada support was deprecated since cocos2d-x v2.0.
- BlackBerry: stable, contributed by staffs in RIM, supports Playbook & BB10.
- Marmalade: stable since cocos2d-x v0.11.0, contributed by Marmalade's staff.
- Native Client (NaCl): contributed by the Native Client authors.
- Windows: stable, well tested on WinXP/Vista/Win7. Please upgrde the drive of your video card if you meet problems on OpenGL functions
- Linux: support but not very stable.
- Emscripten: Alpha-level. Most features implemented. Needs testing. Contributed by Zynga staff.
- Tizen: Experimental. Essential features implemented. Needs more implementing. Contributed by Lee, Jae-Hong.
You can visit our continuous integration system http://ci.cocos2d-x.org to check the stability on edge version.
Supported Programming Languages
- C++ is the major programming language of cocos2d-x. Tons of top-chart cocos2d-x games were written in C++.
- Lua binding is also widely used. Glu mobile, Zynga, UCWEB, 4399, Renren Games are using lua on cocos2d-x.