Linux Store Frontend
This is a web application to browse and install applications present in Flatpak repositories. It began as a personal proof of concept but its used in https://flathub.org since April 2018.
The web app obtains data calling a remote REST API implemented in linux-store-backend
There is a development server were we test new stuff.
Running this app locally
This project was generated with Angular CLI
Steps to run this app locally:
- Install Node.js LTS (8.11.X at this time) or newer. We find useful using nvm to install and manage multiple Node.js versions.
- Update npm to version 6 (recommended)
npm i -g npm
- Install angular-cli:
npm install -g @angular/cli
- Install deps:
npm startfor a dev server calling the remote linux-store-backend. Navigate to
http://localhost:4200/. The app will automatically reload if you change any of the source files.
linux-store-frontend is developed using:
- Angular: web framework. Checkout Angular's Quickstart, Tour of Heroes and Building Beautiful Web Apps With Angular Material if you are not familiar with Angular
- Angular Material: Material Design components for Angular
- Angular Flex Layout: HTML UI layout for Angular applications; using Flexbox and a Responsive API
I've been trying to make this app themable (still a work in progress) using the facilities provided by Angular Material. Read next links for more info:
To get started with hacking the app the following tools are very helpful:
Migrate from angular-mdl to angular-material2 using angular-flex-layout
- Search apps by
name, keywords, categories, ...
- List available themes and runtimes
- Activity: events, ...
Bugs and feature requests
I welcome friendly issues and feature requests. Keep in mind that this is a personal project that I do in my spare time.